Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

EndlessFields (Therapy Thread)
EndlessFields (Therapy Thread)
Hello All!
First time poster here. Was referred by a friend of mine who frequents here. My OSA was diagnosed at the beginning of 2018 and I've had a DreamStation Auto since then. With the recent issues around that and the complete lack of a response from the manufacturer, I'm looking elsewhere. I've been fighting with insurance and my local DME with little success. I'm ready to just take the leap and purchase my own unit and control my own therapy. I'm looking for suggestions on where to start and what I should be looking for. I've been reviewing the last 3 years of data using OSCAR and I see a marked improvement in my sleep therapy when I manually set my CPAP into Auto mode, from the fixed 9cm pressure the DME had set. This should have been my first indication that they may not know what's best for me. I guess I'm not sure what exactly I should be looking at within OSCAR in order to help me determine what machine I'd like to go with. I'd like a ResMed, but do I need to go to the AirCurve 10 VAUTO or is the AirSense 10 Autoset enough? How can I tell? Would I be better with the AirCurve anyway because of it's nicer features even if it's technically not 100% necessary?

I welcome any feedback and advice, also I look forward to learning more about my own sleep therapy. It's nice to virtually meet you all!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: EndlessFields (Therapy Thread)
If you used a DreamStation auto with good results, then a ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet should work well.
If you can get Aircurve VAuto, then better yet.

If you would post an OSCAR Screenshot from your DS, we could take a look and better advise.  

Follow the links in my signature line for guidance.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Tell your super smart friend thanks for telling you about us.

Welcome and sleep well.
Thank you,
Brent aka Factor

Just a Regular guy.
My untreated AHI was 87.  You can do it hang in there.
"You can if you will"   Jerry Kramer

Got OSCAR?
Organize Charts
Optimizing Therapy

My Story
Post Reply Post Reply
Oh a screenshot would be very helpful. Here you go per the wiki page directions. Happy to provide more data if needed.

Post Reply Post Reply
The AutoSet will be fine for you!

Settings (Assuming used, see Supplier #2)
Factory Reset, ALWAYS with a used machine. This is simply to place the machine in a known default condition. you don't know what the previous user did.
Min Pressure =6 (Higher than your DS but EPR is different than Flex, this gives EPR room to work)
EPR = 2, fulltime.

That's it.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: First Time Poster
I'm not sure if it helps but here's one more graph showing a different night of similar length. I think if there's no reason to go with the AirCurve, I'll save the $500 and just get the AirSense.

Post Reply Post Reply
(08-03-2021, 05:11 PM)Gideon Wrote: The AutoSet will be fine for you!

Settings (Assuming used)
Factory Reset, ALWAYS with a used machine. This is simply to place the machine in a known default condition. you don't know what the previous user did.
Min Pressure =6 (Higher than your DS but EPR is different than Flex, this gives EPR room to work)
EPR = 2, fulltime.

That's it.

Thank you for this. I truly appreciate it. Is there somewhere I can look to better understand what you were looking for to determine these values?
Post Reply Post Reply
In my signature "OSCAR - The Guide"
and
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...re-success
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-03-2021, 08:25 PM)Gideon Wrote: In my signature "OSCAR - The Guide"

Thank you Gideon! I really appreciate it. I'm looking forward to learning more about managing my own sleep therapy.
Post Reply Post Reply
My AirSense AutoSet 10 arrived today. I've set things up per your directions Gideon. Looking forward to trying it all out tonight.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Little Olive - Therapy Adventure Little Olive 59 989 2 minutes ago
Last Post: stevew168
  MaggieL, Better than a Sweaty Zombie Meat Sack Therapy Thread MaggieL 34 965 Yesterday, 04:56 AM
Last Post: MaggieL
  First time therapy, settings and progress Schernenk 51 712 04-14-2024, 07:45 PM
Last Post: jcp519
  johnathanb76 - Therapy Help In Migrating to a Resmed johnathanb76 27 471 04-14-2024, 06:29 PM
Last Post: johnathanb76
  sleepingbetterinFl - Therapy Thread sleepingbetterinFl 82 479 04-13-2024, 01:03 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Wjg's Therapy Thread wjg1 35 801 04-12-2024, 03:20 PM
Last Post: wjg1
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,963 358,895 04-12-2024, 12:35 PM
Last Post: btreger

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.