Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Energy burst
Wink 
Energy burst
After almost two months of therapy I now seem to have moved into a new phase. Phase 1 was feeling more awake in the mornings, phase 2 is I have a lot more energy. My wife is quite amazed at all the work I've done around the house. She actually was a little skeptical of what my motives might be. Without her amazed reaction I may not have even noticed my increased energy level. I'm really appreciating therapy and everyone here who helped!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Energy burst
Dagmar,
That's great news!
Bouncy
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Dagmar,
It's great to hear your progress with your CPAP therapy.
Keep up the good work.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
hey, awesome!

Way-to-happy
هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum

Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-01-2015, 07:44 PM)Dagmar Wrote: My wife is quite amazed at all the work I've done around the house.
Take it easy, don't be too enthusiastic
House work is never ending

Post Reply Post Reply
(10-01-2015, 10:39 PM)zonk Wrote:
(10-01-2015, 07:44 PM)Dagmar Wrote: My wife is quite amazed at all the work I've done around the house.
Take it easy, don't be too enthusiastic
House work is never ending

ummmm... don't damp him down, when he is done at home he can come over to mine Bigwink
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum

Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

Post Reply Post Reply
Lol, thanks! I've been tree trimming, pruning bushes, and moving furniture. Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
Lucky you Dagmar! How long were you on CPAP therapy before each of these changes occurred?
APNEABOARD - A great place to be if you're a hosehead!!  Rolleyes  

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EVERY ACCOMPLISHMENT BEGINS WITH THE DECISION TO TRY!
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-02-2015, 08:08 AM)cate1898 Wrote: Lucky you Dagmar! How long were you on CPAP therapy before each of these changes occurred?

Great question cate1898!

First, I'll say that I hated my sleep study and found it nearly impossible to sleep so I was a little unsure about starting CPAP therapy but at the same time felt like something had to change. Prior to therapy I was feeling exhausted especially in the morning. I would get to work and take an hour before getting my cup of coffee. I was just feeling too tired even to do that. I would do my job but had no energy for much extra. Now, I still feel a bit tired in the morning especially if I don't go to bed on time but I get to work, brew my coffee, and feel "like a normal person" and not overly tired. That change happened right away or at least within the first day or two. It was noticeable enough for me to feel and see the change. As a result, I look forward to using CPAP at night.

The second change which I didn't really notice but my wife did, having more energy in general, happened about six weeks after therapy. Once she mentioned the change, I became aware of it. She's pretty impressed that I'm now looking for extra things to do around the house and taking on projects that I would never have taken on in the resent past. I find it especially interesting because my pre-treatment AHI was only 10.4.

The changes after starting CPAP therapy can be subtle for some people but I believe that at the molecular level things must be changing even if we don't know it. For people that have not noticed a change, I would say have faith and stay with it!

-hope this help!

Post Reply Post Reply
Rainbow 
Yay! There's hope at the end of the rainbow!!

I am happy for you Dagmar (and for your wife too!) Congrats
APNEABOARD - A great place to be if you're a hosehead!!  Rolleyes  

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EVERY ACCOMPLISHMENT BEGINS WITH THE DECISION TO TRY!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pressure vs. Airflow Burst for Nasal Opening GoodSleepHunting 0 102 04-04-2024, 02:34 PM
Last Post: GoodSleepHunting
  Lowenstein Prisma 20A - how can I work out energy usage for camping? JamesD0079 4 694 02-15-2024, 04:16 PM
Last Post: JamesD0079
  [CPAP] Airsense P11 hose-dry function ends with loud burst - normal? jharuni 5 766 10-13-2023, 10:20 AM
Last Post: jharuni
  Help, red blood cell count up, no energy, long time CPAP user BBX2125 1 725 09-25-2022, 12:31 PM
Last Post: Brazen
  AHI up and energy levels down after septoplasty Smithers 4 931 06-07-2022, 06:11 AM
Last Post: Peach25
  Brain fog, lack of energy -- why did dropping my EPR make such a difference? Albigensian 60 8,593 03-06-2022, 10:15 PM
Last Post: lightwolf1
  mystery continues: initial burst of AHIs first hour of sleep renoir 17 2,312 01-01-2020, 03:52 AM
Last Post: renoir

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.