Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Enhanced driver's license.
RE: Enhanced driver's license.

SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

#apneaboard
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
(08-09-2019, 10:06 PM)Homerec130 Wrote: I got my enhanced license last year when I turned 65. Brought my passport and proof of my address and that was all I needed. My license was already a Veteran's license as I did that when I had to get a new picture a couple of years ago. I had a 1000 appt and I got there a little early. At 1000 I was at Office Depot having completed everything before my appt time. I was in and out in about 10 minutes. And this was an AZ DMV office.

When I travel stateside I still use my passport as ID. I figured I paid for that sucker, might as well use it. On a side note, an expired passport is good for getting a new one.

I have a passport, but it's dated from the mid 1970's while I was stationed in Europe. 

It still looks like brand-new.  Big Grin The picture of me in it does look quite a bit younger.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-09-2019, 08:28 PM)Big Guy Wrote:
(08-09-2019, 08:08 PM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: What a headache this is. Betcha others could have planned this better.

This is a perfect example of how our government functions, at the local, state, and national level. 

Seems like each state has it's own process or version of how it issues new licenses.  Oh-jeez

So much for the United States...
Dave

OSCAR
Standard OSCAR Chart Order
Mask Primer
Dealing With A DME
Soft Cervical Collar Wiki
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I personally avoid flying, but you never know when you need to.

https://www.tsa.gov/real-id
OpalRose
www.ApneaBoard.com

OSCAR Chart Organization

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
(08-10-2019, 08:46 AM)OpalRose Wrote: I personally avoid flying, but you never know when you need to.

https://www.tsa.gov/real-id

If I have my way, I'll never need to fly anywhere again. My parents are deceased, as well as my wife's. Hopefully, no emergency will pop up requiring flying somewhere. 

Even if one does, if there's anyway possible, we'll drive.  Bigwink
Post Reply Post Reply
normally speaking, your original birth certificate is filed in the state where you were born. no one can get their original birth certificate from the state. they can only get a certified copy. hospital birth certificates given to parents are not the official one that is filed with the state.  i say this because i believe the op said his wife has her original birth certificate. check this out before going in and being sent back to get the certified copy from the state.
First Diagnosed July 1990

MSgt (E-7) USAF (Medic)
Retired 1968-1990
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-10-2019, 01:26 PM)greatunclebill Wrote: normally speaking, your original birth certificate is filed in the state where you were born. no one can get their original birth certificate from the state. they can only get a certified copy. hospital birth certificates given to parents are not the official one that is filed with the state.  i say this because i believe the op said his wife has her original birth certificate. check this out before going in and being sent back to get the certified copy from the state.

Yes, I do believe that you are correct in regards to my wife's birth certificate. Now that I'm thinking of it, it's most likely a certified copy.
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
Oof... thanks for the reminder. My wife and I both need to do this before we PCS next year.
Post Reply Post Reply
I finally received a certified copy of my birth certificate a few days ago. My driver's license was renewed for four years, but it's still not the enhanced version. 

I'm not going to worry about it until it comes due for renewal again. At that time, I will then apply for the enhanced version.
Post Reply Post Reply
"Deutschland über alles"   Rolleyes

I'll stick with my un-real ID, thank you very much.  If that means they're not going to let me in a federal building or on a commercial aircraft, then so be it.  I'll stick to walking, driving a car, riding a bus or a train.  But I suppose they'll want me to have what they consider to be a "real" ID for those travel modes as well, eventually.  Either way, I'm not going to submit to any further violations of my freedoms, and when they demand I provide "proof of my existence" and demand I pay them even more of my hard-earned money to obtain their "real" ID paperwork so that I can exercise my rights and personal freedoms to use which ever mode of transportation I choose, that's where I draw the line.  Not.  One. More. Inch.  I'm sick and tired of big government's intrusions into my life.

And it's not simply this one issue of "real ID".  Multiple governmental intrusions now encircle just about every area of our lives.

Some say "We have no choice!"... well, I'm sorry, but there is a choice to be made.  You either accept further tyranny and intrusions into your personal life in order to "go along with the government" in hopes that their promise of additional "security" is worth it -- or you do not.  Remember, "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety" as Franklin put it.

Restricted travel for those whom the state sees as "undesirable" or "non-compliant"?  Didn't the Jews experience that sort of thing in Nazi Germany?  "You're a Jew? Well then, I'm sorry, but you'll need this identity card along with the proper papers to travel.  Here's a Jewish star you must wear when traveling in public so that you can be properly identified".  And then later on, Jews weren't even allowed to travel at all, even if they did have "proper" ID & paperwork... unless that "travel" was a one-way ticket on a train to Auschwitz, Bełzec, Chełmno, Majdanek, Sobibor, or Treblinka.

I am a free man and I will always be free until I'm six feet under.  Freedom to travel within my own country without being harassed by a Nazi thug... er, I mean a "TSA agent" demanding "papers please!" is one freedom I will never give up willingly.

9-11 and resulting Patriot Act have destroyed this country.  We did it to ourselves by allowing government to restrict the freedoms of otherwise peaceful, law-abiding citizens under the guise of preventing criminals & terrorists from doing bad things.  These new "laws" have little real effect upon the criminals and terrorists - those evil people are (by definition) law-breakers, so no amount of law-passing will change their evil behavior.   The only thing such laws accomplish is an erosion of the U.S. Constitution in the name of "public safety" and a restriction upon the rights of otherwise innocent people.

I swear, some of my own countrymen have forgotten what it means to be an American.  For those who think this is only about the new "identity papers" (ie- "Real ID"), then you haven't been paying attention.  Perhaps you've been busy during the last decade.  Perhaps you're like that frog in the frying pan - it all happened so gradually that you still haven't noticed that here in the U.S., we're sitting in the midst of a fire that may seem relatively cozy and comfortable right now... until the heat is turned up on high and we get burned to a crisp.

It's time we grow some hair on our legs and tell tyrannical, over-intrusive government to jump in a lake.

As for me?

I WILL NOT COMPLY.   Dodgy
SuperSleeper
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

#apneaboard
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [News] IRS Among Agencies Using License Plate-Tracking Vendor ApneaNews 0 950 04-18-2014, 09:36 AM
Last Post: ApneaNews

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.