Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Enhanced driver's license.
RE: Enhanced driver's license.
At least I said he. Smile

I've got a sarcastic rep to uphold. Thank you.
Dave

OSCAR
Standard OSCAR Chart Order
Mask Primer
Dealing With A DME
Soft Cervical Collar Wiki
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
(09-23-2019, 10:47 AM)Big Guy Wrote: My credit score is very high. It usually averages about 830 or so. I don't see or know of any reduction in my insurance rates. 

Maybe they do take it into consideration, but they've never mentioned it to me. Next time I need to speak to them, I think I'll ask and see if it does make any difference.
This is a recent true story. I started with geico in 1986 when nobody could match their low rates.  over the years it raised to $980 for six months. We found another company that offered same terms for $650 for 6 months. we signed up over the phone and then called geico to tell them we were cancelling them. when geico figured we were leaving after a while on the phone he said hold on. he came back and offered us same terms for $580 a month. we stayed with geico. he said the reason he could lower it was because he ran our credit. he then placed a conference call to the other company and got them to refund the payment we had made. never be afraid to ask....
First Diagnosed July 1990

MSgt (E-7) USAF (Medic)
Retired 1968-1990
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-23-2019, 10:39 PM)greatunclebill Wrote:
(09-23-2019, 10:47 AM)Big Guy Wrote: My credit score is very high. It usually averages about 830 or so. I don't see or know of any reduction in my insurance rates. 

Maybe they do take it into consideration, but they've never mentioned it to me. Next time I need to speak to them, I think I'll ask and see if it does make any difference.
This is a recent true story. I started with geico in 1986 when nobody could match their low rates.  over the years it raised to $980 for six months. We found another company that offered same terms for $650 for 6 months. we signed up over the phone and then called geico to tell them we were cancelling them. when geico figured we were leaving after a while on the phone he said hold on. he came back and offered us same terms for $580 a month. we stayed with geico. he said the reason he could lower it was because he ran our credit. he then placed a conference call to the other company and got them to refund the payment we had made. never be afraid to ask....

About every other year or so, I check with other insurance companies and price compare. We bundle our insurance. We have home owners, auto insurance (car/truck/motorcycle) and an umbrella policy. 

When I do compare quotes, other companies can come close to what we are currently paying, but they don't offer enough of a savings to make it worth while to switch. We have Farmers Insurance right now, and have been with them for about 4-5 yrs. or so. 

What I have found out over the years, is that companies will offer you a teaser rate to sign on with them. That's good for one year. When renewal time comes, the rates almost always go up. Sometimes, substantially. 

Auto rates are only good for six months. Home owners and an umbrella policy are good for a full year. Same goes for m/c rates. 

I've never been in an auto accident in my almost 50 yrs. of driving. I've had a couple of cracked or chipped windshield claims and that had been it. Same goes for my wife's driving record. In terms of risk, we are extremely low in that respect. 

We don't carry collision coverage on our vehicles. Only max. coverage for liability and $100.00 deductible for comprehensive. 

I do my best to be an informed consumer when it comes to insurance. That's why I shop the rates every couple of years.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [News] IRS Among Agencies Using License Plate-Tracking Vendor ApneaNews 0 950 04-18-2014, 09:36 AM
Last Post: ApneaNews

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.