Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Epilepsy
Having been diagnosed with "suspected" epilepsy, searching around I have found that it is not uncommon for this to be associated with sleep apnea.

Does anyone have experience with what looks to be an interconnected problem.
Sorry to hear about that diagnosis Phill. I have a friend who has had epilepsy as a kid and was diagnosed a year or two ago with OSA. Not sure of the correlation with him having had epilepsy all his life (he's mid 50's now).

Hope you find therapy improves this.
APNEABOARD - A great place to be if you're a hosehead!! Rolleyes

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EVERY ACCOMPLISHMENT BEGINS WITH THE DECISION TO TRY!
Today my neurologist said there was no connection between OSA and epilepsy, despite a cursory search on the interweb bringing up numerous hits on the subject.

On OSA and CPAP, I pointed out that I was unhappy that I was only getting 4-5 hours sleep a night, reply, stop using CPAP.

I mean, really, what are these doctors for?

If neurologist Doc feels that there is no connection between epilepsy and OSA, then why does he entertain the idea that you should stop using it.. Is he also a sleep certified Physician? If you are using a CPAP then I assume that another sleep certified Physician has DX'd you with OSA and prescribed the CPAP. Maybe there is another neurologist in town..
Yesterday is history; Tomorrow is a mystery; Today is a gift; Thats why its called "The Present".
(12-15-2015, 09:21 AM)Phill Wrote: Today my neurologist said there was no connection between OSA and epilepsy, despite a cursory search on the interweb bringing up numerous hits on the subject.

On OSA and CPAP, I pointed out that I was unhappy that I was only getting 4-5 hours sleep a night, reply, stop using CPAP.

I mean, really, what are these doctors for?