Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Epiphany on PRS1 Noise
My PRS1 whines on occasion. Not just loudly, shrilly as well: a continuous whistle. If I fiddle with the position of the nasal pillows on my nose, though, the whine disappears.

The pillows on the Nuance Pro frame sit on round cylindrical stalks, for adjustments, I think. If the rim of the pillow opening gets distorted or folded, the whine starts up again.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi, my PRS1 also whines. Although, now Im not sure if it's the machine or my nasal pillows. Once I put my mask on and lay down, I can hear the whine. If I try to adjust the nasal pillows, the sound will let up a bit. I also run a fan and a room humidifier, so with all the other noise, it doesn't bother me too much. But, I can imagine if you are having a bad night or having a hard time falling asleep, that sound can be maddening!
OpalRose
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

How to Organize and Post ScreenShots

http://sleep.tnet.com/resources/sleepyhead/shorganize
https://sleep.tnet.com/reference/tips/imgur

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Knocking Noise offshorecca 5 122 08-18-2017, 04:01 PM
Last Post: offshorecca
  Dreamwear Gel Pillow - exhaust slot noise BoyrauchS 4 194 08-11-2017, 01:03 PM
Last Post: BoyrauchS
  Air Mini Hose noise solution Frequenttraveler 16 770 08-10-2017, 09:28 AM
Last Post: Frequenttraveler
Sad Resmed S8 excessive noise and need data card AMISHCNTRY 3 130 08-01-2017, 10:30 PM
Last Post: srlevine1
  Clicking noise from CPAP when breathing Fedman 8 1,335 07-26-2017, 09:20 AM
Last Post: SCnoel
  Follow up- APAP noise Tahera11979 0 158 07-22-2017, 07:39 AM
Last Post: Tahera11979
  Noise level of Respironics Dreamstation vs Resmed Airsense 10 scottlink96 59 11,420 07-18-2017, 04:29 PM
Last Post: ateeluck