Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Epr and pressure settings
RE: Epr and pressure settings
    Here is the results for last night with pressure 10-12.
Post Reply Post Reply
Deweym, could you pick one of the places where your flow limitation graph is showing FLs and do a zoomed-in view there? Be sure there are some FL markers in the shot.
Post Reply Post Reply
The latest results show similar results to the previous charts but with higher minimum pressure, there is less fluctuation of pressure. with improvement in RERA and OA. If this is comfortable, you have not given back any efficacy, and the flow limitations are about the same. This shows fewer and longer session times which suggests this is less disruptive, so this is good progress. With the flow limits you have, your results would be identical with CPAP pressure at 12 cm with EPR at 3. I really don't see much use for the autoset mode, so if you set minimum and maximum pressure at 12, or use CPAP mode at 12, the only change wold be a very steady pressure, which is preferable.

In bilevel mode we would probably set EPAP min to 8.0, PS 4 or greater and maximum pressure to 15.0, but that is a bit forward-looking.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
    OK. Does this shot help?
Post Reply Post Reply
OK. I will try 12-12 tonight.
Post Reply Post Reply
    I tried a cpap pressure of 12 but I felt very uncomfortable/strange, so I stopped it after several minutes and went back to apap pressure of 10-12. Here is my chart for last night.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm surprised that the straight 12 felt strange, given that for most of the rest of the night at 10-12 the pressure was plastered up at the max of 12 anyhow. Did the feeling of strange/uncomfortable come back during the night?

Also, are you still thinking about trying a ResMed VAuto? I know it came up earlier in the thread, but where is your current thinking about that?
Post Reply Post Reply
I wondered about that too. Also, when I tried 10-12 the first time I felt the same way but ignored it. So maybe I just need to adjust to it. Also, when I was using 12-16 I don’t remember feeling uncomfortable.
Regarding the VAuto I’m on Medicare and I’ve had this machine since mid 2015. I believe that they will cover another one after five years. Also, I moved to another state 2.5 years ago and do not have a current pulmonologist.
Post Reply Post Reply
Here is a screenshot of last night. I set pressure at 7-20. I had never done this before so I thought it would be interesting to see what happens. I was awake from around 3;30-5:30.

Comments?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
The flow limitations drive your pressure up well past 12, though without doing much to treat them, it seems. How did the higher pressures feel, and the changes in pressure? Do you know what led to your period of wakefulness? As you change your settings, are you noticing any changes in the way you feel during the day?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Pressure] Understanding Pressure Settings on ASV Suzee 85 3,573 03-19-2024, 03:17 PM
Last Post: Suzee
  [Pressure] unable to find pressure settings on my cpap timoteo666 7 449 02-17-2024, 09:56 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
Question [Pressure] Returning Auto CPAP user, help interpreting my OSCAR data and pressure settings cpappadoppoulos 3 406 01-25-2024, 09:17 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Help with data interpretation and pressure settings Strange54 3 363 01-25-2024, 05:20 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  What is the most comfortable pressure and settings if comfort is the only goal? hejohoo 2 316 01-20-2024, 03:25 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
Smile pleasse help me optimize my APAP pressure settings Swsch2985 2 363 01-14-2024, 01:39 PM
Last Post: Swsch2985
  Help interpret OSCAR for best pressure settings 444zane3 3 401 01-11-2024, 01:08 AM
Last Post: Expat31

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.