Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Epr and pressure settings
RE: Epr and pressure settings
As I have been testing various pressures I’m finding that the higher pressure doesn’t necessarily provide any better numbers. I’m circling the 10-12 pressure range. Think I’m going to try fixed cpap at various levels. Maybe I’m trying to be too precise. 
I have been feeling pretty good.
Post Reply Post Reply
I generally wake up 3 to 4 times a night for no reason that I can find.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm glad you've feeling pretty good, and you plan about pressure settings sounds reasonable.

It's normal to wake up several time a night, so don't worry about that by itself. What's not so good is to stay awake for more than a few minutes per wake-up.
Post Reply Post Reply
    Thanks for the reply. Take a look at this screenshot back on 3/15/2020. Here the pressure was 10-12, epr=3. I only woke up once.
Post Reply Post Reply
Looks pretty good to me. I suggest basing things on how you feel instead of these numbers, now that you're at or real close to your best settings.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Last night I set The machine to cpap with a fixed pressure of 9. Is epr disabled when cpap is used as opposed to when apap is used? I ask because there was no epap pressure line, only one pressure line at 9.
Post Reply Post Reply
Try setting min and max separately, but both = 9, and then checking that EPR is turned on at your preferred setting.
Post Reply Post Reply
That occurred to me. Will do tonight and report the results.
Post Reply Post Reply
    Last night I set max at 9 and min at 9 with epr 3. The pressure line stayed at 9. What I don't understand is whether epr is in effect or not since there is no epap pressure line. Does anyone know?

Here is the screenshot.
Post Reply Post Reply
As best as I understand it, since your Min and Max pressures are the same at 9, this red pressure line is your EPAP. Pressure variances are removed, as this is basically a CPAP, a single pressure as you have it running. The EPR should reduce this by 3 on exhales, but it doesn't look like it in the graph.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Pressure] Understanding Pressure Settings on ASV Suzee 85 3,573 03-19-2024, 03:17 PM
Last Post: Suzee
  [Pressure] unable to find pressure settings on my cpap timoteo666 7 449 02-17-2024, 09:56 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
Question [Pressure] Returning Auto CPAP user, help interpreting my OSCAR data and pressure settings cpappadoppoulos 3 406 01-25-2024, 09:17 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Help with data interpretation and pressure settings Strange54 3 363 01-25-2024, 05:20 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  What is the most comfortable pressure and settings if comfort is the only goal? hejohoo 2 316 01-20-2024, 03:25 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
Smile pleasse help me optimize my APAP pressure settings Swsch2985 2 363 01-14-2024, 01:39 PM
Last Post: Swsch2985
  Help interpret OSCAR for best pressure settings 444zane3 3 401 01-11-2024, 01:08 AM
Last Post: Expat31

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.