Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Epr and pressure settings
RE: Epr and pressure settings
You have a lot of flow limitations, and the machine you have is very sensitive to FLs. That means it will push the pressure up in response to FLs. If the FLs don't bother you, then with your excellent AHI, it is fine to cap the maximum pressure, as Sleeprider mentioned.

Do you feel rested generally speaking? If so, then you can probably just ignore the FLs. If not, as Sleeprider said, you may want to consider a ResMed VAuto machine, which could do more to reduce FLs. (The reason why FLs can interfere with restful sleep for some people is that they cause you to work harder to inhale. Over the course of a night, that effort can really add up. It can also mess with your sleep cycles.)
Post Reply Post Reply
I do generally feel rested.
Post Reply Post Reply
Good! Try capping the max to find a spot where you are comfortable yet keeping your AHI low.
Post Reply Post Reply
Greater EPR helps with flow limitations, so I recommend you keep EPR at 3 to minimize those. If you want to try higher pressure, then simply raising the maximum pressure willl accomplish that. As you can see in your charts, teh auto CPAP will always increase to the maximum setting as long as flow limits are significant.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have tested various max settings and have generally found that a max higher than 12 gets me no additional benefits.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-16-2020, 06:31 PM)Deweym Wrote: I have tested various max settings and have generally found that a max higher than 12 gets me no additional benefits.

That is where bilevel comes in, to replace pressure with pressure support. It would help to curtail or eliminate the flow limitations which are moving the pressure up.  So it is pretty easy to see how a pressure of 10 max/5-6 min (PS 4-5) might actually work better, and make breathing even easier.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
    Here is last night's results. Notice my AHI was 1.03. Pressure was min 9 and max 12. Any thoughts?
Post Reply Post Reply
Since my pressure stays close to the max then why not set min at 1 below max or equal to max?
Post Reply Post Reply
Looks very good, and CA events are not something to worry about at that level. If you are comfortable continue with the same, however a reduction in maximum pressure should not greatly affect your event rate if that works better for you.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
Are you following up on my post with last night's results or my next post about setting the min pressure?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Pressure] Understanding Pressure Settings on ASV Suzee 85 3,558 03-19-2024, 03:17 PM
Last Post: Suzee
  [Pressure] unable to find pressure settings on my cpap timoteo666 7 447 02-17-2024, 09:56 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
Question [Pressure] Returning Auto CPAP user, help interpreting my OSCAR data and pressure settings cpappadoppoulos 3 403 01-25-2024, 09:17 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Help with data interpretation and pressure settings Strange54 3 362 01-25-2024, 05:20 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  What is the most comfortable pressure and settings if comfort is the only goal? hejohoo 2 316 01-20-2024, 03:25 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
Smile pleasse help me optimize my APAP pressure settings Swsch2985 2 362 01-14-2024, 01:39 PM
Last Post: Swsch2985
  Help interpret OSCAR for best pressure settings 444zane3 3 401 01-11-2024, 01:08 AM
Last Post: Expat31

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.