Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Epr and pressure settings
RE: Epr and pressure settings
It applies either way. I think it will make little difference if you reduce pressure. You are treating flow limitations with EPR, and unless you have bilevel, I don't foresee much change.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
So if I understand what you are saying that it doesn’t make much difference what the min pressure setting is?
Post Reply Post Reply
In your case, the Autoset algorithm will always raise pressure to the maximum due to flow limitations. It is not uncommon for us to simply recommend using CPAP mode, or setting minimum and maximum pressure the same. There is no reason to use a range, when that range is overruled by the flow limits without other events.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
    I think I understand. Can you take a look at this chart. it was back on 3/13 with pressure set at 7-12. What happened in the middle of the night?
Post Reply Post Reply
Another question. AHI does not include the RERA number. Should RERA be considered when looking for the max pressure number?
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-19-2020, 03:19 PM)Deweym Wrote: Another question. AHI does not include the RERA number. Should RERA be considered when looking for the max pressure number?

IMHO, Yes.

RDI = AHI + RERA

RERAs are a series of flow limitations ending in arousal.  Thinking of Obstructive events on a continuous scale

Apnea: 80-100% obstruction/restriction for 10 seconds
Hypopnea: 50-80% obstruction/restriction for 10 seconds
Flow Limitation: <50% obstruction/resiriction
Normal Brerathing: no obstruction/restriction

I like to eliminate all flagged RERAs,  EPR/Pressure Support is the best tool to use.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-18-2020, 01:16 PM)Deweym Wrote: I think I understand. Can you take a look at this chart. it was back on 3/13 with pressure set at 7-12. What happened in the middle of the night?

We would need to look at 2-minute zooms before or at the time the pressure transitions from 12 and flow limitation suddenly ends. If you can capture that transition, it miht help understand why the machine suddenly did not detect flow limit and reduced pressure.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
What do you mean by flagged RERA"s?
Post Reply Post Reply
If you look at the bottom line of the events chart I saw a RERA event which shows as a yellow mark/flag on the RE line. Typically, not always, a detailed review of the flow rate graph will show more RERA events, these are 'unflagged' RERA events.
Post Reply Post Reply
        I have attached two screenshots of different graphs for that night.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Pressure] Understanding Pressure Settings on ASV Suzee 85 3,551 03-19-2024, 03:17 PM
Last Post: Suzee
  [Pressure] unable to find pressure settings on my cpap timoteo666 7 445 02-17-2024, 09:56 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
Question [Pressure] Returning Auto CPAP user, help interpreting my OSCAR data and pressure settings cpappadoppoulos 3 403 01-25-2024, 09:17 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Help with data interpretation and pressure settings Strange54 3 362 01-25-2024, 05:20 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  What is the most comfortable pressure and settings if comfort is the only goal? hejohoo 2 315 01-20-2024, 03:25 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
Smile pleasse help me optimize my APAP pressure settings Swsch2985 2 361 01-14-2024, 01:39 PM
Last Post: Swsch2985
  Help interpret OSCAR for best pressure settings 444zane3 3 400 01-11-2024, 01:08 AM
Last Post: Expat31

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.