Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Anecdotal effects - my first few week on CPAP
Anecdotal effects - my first few week on CPAP
Hi All,

Here is what I have been experiencing and some differences in myself that I have noticed. 

1. I wake up fresh and not groggy. I'm not going to say I jump out of bed as my bed is far too comfortable for that, but, I definitely feel more awake first thing. It's funny because on day 2, I thought I hadn't slept at all but got a full 8hrs according to my fitness tracker (whoop 3.0) - I woke up with loads of energy (like I had too much coffee)

2. I look forward to going to bed. I have never been this person and used to avoid trying to sleep until I was absolutely exhausted

3. I don't snore at all now - this is confirmed by my sleep tracker

4. I had an 'adult' dream for the first time in years and woke up with wood (Which isn't common for me). I actually dream. 

5. I have a sore nose from the P30i pillow and have ordered the larger size

6. I feel more calm during the day - this is hard to explain but Im a bit more zen and can stay on task a bit more. 

7. My resting heart rate has dropped and my body feels more 'In shape'. I exercise a lot and usually only feel this centred with my body after training and getting to peak condition (like as I have had 2 months prepping for a marathon)

8. I feel like I could always have more sleep - it's like my body want's to be asleep. Im assuming this is my body going through some sort of normalisation

9. I have suffered with acne all my life (im 34 now) - my skin does not feel as inflamed and it feels as if my chest acne if actually calming down. 

10. Emotions and thoughts. Things that have really annoyed me or impacted me in the past e.g. memories of bad relationships seem to be coming to the top of my mind and I don't know if its just my brain processing these things. weird. 

I do wonder if its years of bad sleep that has caused me to always have to feel like Im trying that bit harder than everyone else for the same fitness / life goals. I hope Im not speaking too soon and fingers crossed that I continue to see benefits. 

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Anecdotal effects - my first few week on CPAP
Could be my story, from 1 to 10 (except for me it's bicycling instead of marathon).

Mike
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New user OSCAR data after one week Everlong 2 107 03-26-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: Everlong
  CPAP Side Effects Tylermdugan 6 439 03-18-2024, 10:17 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  First week with CPAP Oscar - Adjustments phillyfan24 5 487 03-09-2024, 10:27 PM
Last Post: phillyfan24
  [NEW USER] First Week - Help Getting Oriented rarmstrong26 4 203 03-05-2024, 09:33 PM
Last Post: rarmstrong26
  Finding right mask- 1 week in GOIRISH65 3 223 03-02-2024, 06:22 PM
Last Post: DancesWithCats
  First week - One "good" night and waking up with mask off most nights ghost10 9 682 12-15-2023, 11:56 AM
Last Post: ghost10
  My Mother did an In-Lab sleep study last week. Phaleronic 4 503 11-22-2023, 05:03 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.