Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

SD card
SD card
Quick Question, my machine is saying it's time to return your sd card to your service provider, I'm guessing that after a year this card is full and needs to be cleared or replaced, can anyone advise ? Is there anything special about this card or can I just go out and buy a new one anywhere that sells them ? what about memory size ? I'm not very happy with my service provider at the moment so would prefer to just correct this myself.

Thanks in advance.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: SD card
(10-06-2012, 12:59 PM)cyrano Wrote: Quick Question, my machine is saying it's time to return your sd card to your service provider, I'm guessing that after a year this card is full and needs to be cleared or replaced, can anyone advise ? Is there anything special about this card or can I just go out and buy a new one anywhere that sells them ? what about memory size ? I'm not very happy with my service provider at the moment so would prefer to just correct this myself.

Thanks in advance.

Hello cyrano Welcome
You can get a new card & save the one that came with your CPAP.

I don't know what your situation is as far as if you are still under a prescription from your Sleep Dr. or provider DME.

One thing you need to know (not knowing if you are aware or not of being able to prove your complainant's as far as Health Insurance & driving)

The SD card in my CPAP is a 2 gig not sure of speed but I think any new SD card should work.

There will be more members with more knowledge the me from the forum that may be able to help you to confirm & provide you with more advice on your issue.

But if you ever need to show your complainant's say in case you are in a car accident & they find out you have Sleep Apnea but can't show that you have been using your CPAP you will not be able say prove that it was not caused by you due to lack of sleep.

I hope this helps.
Post Reply Post Reply
it could be SD card reminder ... you turn off in the clinical menu (reminders)
the SD card stores 365 days of compliance data, 30 days of detailed data and 7 days of high resolution flow data

Post Reply Post Reply
It's merely reminding you to schedule a follow-up appointment, and they will want your data. The data card can hold far more data than the machine will ever put on it, and it does not need to be cleared or replaced. The machine can manage its own files. If the reminder is not useful to you, you can turn it off in the clinical menu.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-06-2012, 12:59 PM)cyrano Wrote: Quick Question, my machine is saying it's time to return your sd card to your service provider, I'm guessing that after a year this card is full and needs to be cleared or replaced, can anyone advise ? Is there anything special about this card or can I just go out and buy a new one anywhere that sells them ? what about memory size ? I'm not very happy with my service provider at the moment so would prefer to just correct this myself.

Thanks in advance.

On an S9 machine, a 2GB card will never fill up and nothing will happen if you ignore the message. The machine throws away old data on its own and only uses a small fraction of the space on the card.

The message is just a timed reminder to get you to go back to the DME or doctor. You can easily delete it yourself in the clinician's menu.

If you're skeptical, it's a trick to get you to go back to your CPAP salesman so he can bill you for a service call.

Or it's a valid reminder to schedule a followup visit to check your therapy.

There is no periodic maintenance on the machines, other than changing the filter, which you should do on your own every 6 months on an S9 or when dirty. You should also change the hose and mask occasionally.

Your call as to whether it's time for a followup visit to your doctor.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
As Archangle stated, the SD card will NEVER fill up.

That reminder, along with many others, can be turned on or off & the reminder period changed at will in the Clinician Settings for an S9.

The only two I leave on are for the filter replacement and the mask cushion replacement.
And that is for my own use only.
"I" decide when I will change either item.
I just want a reminder that it is time to consider replacing them.
Post Reply Post Reply
I bought a new card at the [Link Removed] store $14.00 not bad

--In the case of naming an online DME, please use the Supplier's list and/or give reference to the supplier number. In this case, you would have said "Supplier #1".--Moderator
-----
Moderator Action: Link Removed
To maintain our status as an educational organization, the only commercial links allowed in this forum are to CPAP-related manufacturer websites. This is stated in the Apnea Board Rules with details given in the Commercial Links Policy section.
-----
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  SD card backup on PC and new SD card snorin2 0 922 12-05-2022, 01:53 PM
Last Post: snorin2
  ResMed S9 SD Card "Invalid SD Card, erase card data?" MAPnea 41 50,876 04-29-2021, 03:42 AM
Last Post: Scobber
  Downloading data to SD card of Resmed for nights that SD card not in ResMed machine Robert6 8 9,327 06-19-2015, 09:28 AM
Last Post: estgad
  Forgot to put card back in machine, is there a way to copy it from machine to card? Marnid2014 6 6,250 04-06-2014, 08:54 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.