Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] 5 nights of zero AHI -- but?
5 nights of zero AHI -- but?
The flow curves show flow stoppages -- yet the machine does not score an apnea.

I've contacted the supplier; but, have gotten no satisfaction.

This machine is defective!
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: 5 nights of zero AHI -- but?
How are you sleeping though? While I have no personal knowledge of any of the S9 series, I believe they go through self-testing on every start-up? Any chance it's just you not knowing the machine well yet?

Pretend you have no software, no data - would you still feel this way? Like me, you've been OSA long enough to know a good night from a bad night, and whether or not you've slept well. Approach it from this angle, and ask yourself if you still feel the machine is defective?
*I* am not a DOCTOR or any type of Health Care Professional.  My thoughts/suggestions/ideas are strictly only my opinions.

"Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you. Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. One died for your Soul, the other for your Freedom."
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-18-2014, 11:12 AM)Peter_C Wrote: How are you sleeping though? While I have no personal knowledge of any of the S9 series, I believe they go through self-testing on every start-up? Any chance it's just you not knowing the machine well yet?

Pretend you have no software, no data - would you still feel this way? Like me, you've been OSA long enough to know a good night from a bad night, and whether or not you've slept well. Approach it from this angle, and ask yourself if you still feel the machine is defective?

30 seconds of zero flow should score an event. If that part does not work... what else might be wrong with it?

This machine was a zero hour, open box special. I spent over $1k for it. I could have gotten an S9 Autoset for less.
Admin Note:

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
I heard somewhere that once the machine gets into some state it will just show 0.0 every night until some reset is performed.

It might have been to unplug the machine, wait a few seconds, then plug it back in.

Sweet Dreams,

HerbM
Sleep study AHI: 49 RDI: 60 -- APAP 10-11 w/AHI: 1.5 avg for 7-days (up due likely to hip replacement recovery)

"We can all breathe together or we will all suffocate alone."
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-18-2014, 11:32 AM)herbm Wrote: I heard somewhere that once the machine gets into some state it will just show 0.0 every night until some reset is performed.

It might have been to unplug the machine, wait a few seconds, then plug it back in.

Herb -- tried that; and for more than a few seconds.
Admin Note:

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
check the time is correct on the machine,
does the machine shows zero ahi too (the machine resets to zero at noon)

take a nap, fake an apnea, pinch the hose or even change pressures slightly and see that score an apnea while napping

If still stuck on zero, contact resmed and see what they have got to say, btw what supplier told you

Post Reply Post Reply
(03-18-2014, 12:04 PM)zonk Wrote: check the time is correct on the machine,

take a nap, fake an apnea, pinch the hose or even change pressures slightly and see that score an apnea while napping

If still stuck on zero, contact resmed and see what they have got to say, btw what supplier told you

Zonk:

Machine display says zero also. (Sleep quality is ON.) First thing I did was set the system clock to local time... it was 17 minutes off.

I pull the data off the SD card well before noon. I have power cycled the machine... no change.

I have periods where the flow-curve goes to zero for 20 to 30 seconds, yet no apnea is scored. No snore. No flow limit (that's based on flow waveform shape during inspiration.)

Mongo
Admin Note:

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm thinking you're right about the machine being broken Mongo. I suspect it's working fine and keeping you safe and happy and all that, but never showing an event at all seems to me to be a red flag as far as it's diagnostics capability is concerned. Call them again, keep calling, and if that doesn't work begin with the I'm going to tell on you threats.

Sometimes "open box" means a machine or computer or whatever was returned and we don't really know why so sell it to someone else.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-18-2014, 12:55 PM)justMongo Wrote:

Zonk:

Machine display says zero also. (Sleep quality is ON.) First thing I did was set the system clock to local time... it was 17 minutes off.

I pull the data off the SD card well before noon. I have power cycled the machine... no change.

I have periods where the flow-curve goes to zero for 20 to 30 seconds, yet no apnea is scored. No snore. No flow limit (that's based on flow waveform shape during inspiration.)

Mongo

i,m inclined to think the machine is faulty, send it back for replacement or refund
does the open-box machine warranty covered by resmed 2 years new machine warranty or by the supplier?

Post Reply Post Reply
(03-18-2014, 02:21 PM)zonk Wrote:
(03-18-2014, 12:55 PM)justMongo Wrote:

Zonk:

Mongo

i,m inclined to think the machine is faulty, send it back for replacement or refund
does the open-box machine warranty covered by resmed 2 years new machine warranty or by the supplier?

Supplier's website says two year warranty -- don't know by whom.
Admin Note:

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Still Only Sleeping 4-5 Hours Most Nights AustinSV 5 252 03-12-2024, 08:49 PM
Last Post: Plmnb
  21 nights in, seeking advice smmille1 3 216 03-10-2024, 03:09 PM
Last Post: smmille1
  First two nights with results meettherobinsons 5 452 01-18-2024, 01:40 PM
Last Post: meettherobinsons
  First week - One "good" night and waking up with mask off most nights ghost10 9 682 12-15-2023, 11:56 AM
Last Post: ghost10
  [Treatment] My very first two nights! domod 6 582 11-30-2023, 10:06 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
Sad One of my worst nights. adamwhereartthou 1 451 11-06-2023, 02:23 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
  [CPAP] First 2 Nights of CPAP (help?) jp0808 1 372 11-03-2023, 03:21 PM
Last Post: gainerfull

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.