Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

So I had a visit with my DME yesterday
RE: So I had a visit with my DME yesterday
I agree Hydrangea. It is super important to find a DME you are comfortable with. If one ends up dealing with a DME. I am likely going to let my physician know my opinions on this DME Supplier.

Thanks for the good wishes Mike. I too have seen quite a revolving door of RTs at this DME.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Marillion,
Good job on holding your own with the DME, I sure don’t blame you for trying to find another way to get your supplies.
Keep up the good work.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
You know, the stories here never cease to amaze me concerning what a DME will say or do - but then after delivery of my equipment I have had zero interaction with RT personnel at either one of the companies that I have used - other than sending them the initial compliance data, and that was a preemptive strike before they even asked. The one time I did have a hardware question - nobody could give me an answer. Otherwise, I just order supplies from their 1-800 numbers on a schedule that I keep in my calendar that is within insurance and now Medicare guidelines.

On the mask tryouts - I believe that ResMed has a policy of allowing returns for a period of up to 30 days - so you might mention that to your DME.
Post Reply Post Reply
I find this interesting. I have only met with my DME folks once in the 5 years I have had my machine. I advise them once a quarter on what replacements parts I need. They send me them and then I get a bill for what isn't covered by insurance. Fine by me. I look at them as a hardware supplier and my sleep doc as the one who teach me how to use it and supervises my treatment.

I see my sleep doctor every 6 months. He is also my ENT. I bring him my SH summary and we talk about the numbers and I how I feel. To date we haven't made any changes in settings and my AHIs are in the low 2s. I could get them lower if I stop sleeping on my back when I first go to bed. 

We have also talked about this board and he has recommended it to his folks who are on CPAP therapy. 

Homer
Post Reply Post Reply
Marillion, kudos on taking your stand, doing your own adjustments, etc. As others suggested, canning this DME could be a blessing. I've been fortunate enough so far with my DME. I saw a back-up doctor at my pulmonary doctors office this past week for some big central apnea issues. The doc wanted the BiPAP settings changed, which I told her I'll get to it ASAP upon returning home. She's like "You know how to change settings?" Yep done it before. She's OK with it but again she's not normal doc on my case. I called the DME with the script info. This girl is like "OK I will change your settings later today". Me "that's OK I already did it." Her "You did? Guess I don't need to then." 2 days later, I took the script in for the file and asked for a copy, which I've got.

It is your legal right to seek your best medical treatment, including changing your settings. Act like it's your right as well, there will be less questions that way.

Fight to win. It's worth fighting AND winning. Best wishes you WIN.  I-love-Apnea-Board

BTW I've heard that running with scissors

makes you tired!  Dielaughing

And my lungs inflate a lot then deflate a lot...every time I breathe in then out.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
OMG! CPAP Warrior
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-14-2017, 10:06 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: OMG!  CPAP Warrior

like Cool 

have a GREAT weekend everyone
Signed
Rambo
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Awesome stuff everyone. Thanks for all the encouragement. I'm so glad I found this board!!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question [Diagnosis] First post-CPAP visit to Sleep Doc - What to talk about? FlyAU98 6 187 03-23-2024, 09:08 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Mode and Pressure settings missing; yesterday's shown. Captain Howdy 2 478 10-11-2023, 02:32 AM
Last Post: Captain Howdy
  Help preparing for first doc visit in 4 years fishfinderG 24 1,875 01-09-2023, 02:04 PM
Last Post: Dormeo
Sad Yesterday got CSR (Cheyne Strokes)on my report. Should I be worried? TonytheTiger 2 634 09-09-2022, 11:17 AM
Last Post: Gideon
  Follow Up Visit & Sleep Study is here :) Abletree 1 657 11-28-2021, 06:55 AM
Last Post: Abletree
  Medicare FACE-TO-FACE "Compliance" visit? Night Train 7 1,053 07-21-2021, 08:19 PM
Last Post: Night Train
  Questions to ask between at-home study and consult visit? Trader Joe 17 1,663 10-22-2020, 04:13 PM
Last Post: staceyburke

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.