Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] A quick review of the Respironics Dreamwear Cushion Mask
A quick review of the Respironics Dreamwear Cushion Mask
A little while back I got the Dreamwear Cushion mask and thought I'd pop back wit a quick review after using it for a bit. A lot of people seem to like this mask, but if I had to desribe it in one word, it would be "inconsistent." 

On one hand, the mask is extremely comfortable. The sleeves for the mask are nice and soft, the connector on top is just fantastic, you can sleep in a variety of positions with no hose dangling from your face, and all told it's got a nice fit and feel.

On the other hand... my AHI was all over the place, and despite my efforts I couldn't change this. I got AHI anywhere between 3 and 15+ in this mask. Also, there's a feeling that's hard to shake that the mask is leaking, even when it's not. Maybe a design thing, I dunno. The mask is an X1 type, but I'm not sure it fits well as a "full" mask. My Dreamstation has full/nasal masks as X1 and nasal pillows as X2, but there's no real in-between option. 

Maybe I'd have better luck with the pillows, but this cushion wasn't for me. After trying the Dreamwear for a few weeks I'm back on my Wisp. It's still the best mask I've used, despite my complaints with it (so far I've used the Wisp, Nuance Pro, and Dreamwear cushion now). I may try it again with the pillows at some point. It was decent enough that I decided to keep it and not return it. As noted it's really comfortable to wear; it just didn't seem really effective for my apnea, whereas my Wisp has me constantly between 2.5 and 5 AHI. 

I'd love to get a lower AHI, but I can't seem to eliminate every event, and higher pressures cause more CAs for me. 2.5-5 is a hell of a lot better than the 26 or so AHI I was diagnosed at, and the consistency with my Wisp is why I stick with it.

If you've got a Dreamwear, feel free to discuss it here. Who knows, maybe I'll learn something that makes it more consistent, or maybe we'll find out people had consistently inconsistent experiences with it.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: A quick review of the Respironics Dreamwear Cushion Mask
I'm only about a week and a half in but so far my AHI has ranged from 0.00 (last night) to a high of 1.57 using my Dreamwear mask (non-pillows). My untreated AHI was 86. Further confirmation that everyone is different. One thing that I tried that seemed to work well was to use some of those nasal tubes to prop open my nostrils. I've never felt like I could breathe better than that due to a deviated septum. Even with the little tie bar between the two tubes sticking out of my nose it still sealed without issues. The only leaks I have had are mouth leaks.
Post Reply Post Reply
Please copy/paste your review into the Dreamwear thread in the Review Forum.

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...-DreamWear
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(09-12-2017, 11:04 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: Please copy/paste your review into the Dreamwear thread in the Review Forum.

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...-DreamWear

Done, and thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NOTICE: Philips Respironics Recall Replacement Tally RayBee 183 29,055 03-24-2024, 06:30 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
Question OSCAR Privacy and quick upload Fix? EasySleep 3 101 03-18-2024, 09:34 PM
Last Post: EasySleep
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 164 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  [Equipment] ResMed Airtouch F20 Cushion cleaning with drool problems. Funkmonkey 2 169 03-05-2024, 04:08 PM
Last Post: Funkmonkey
  Please help with treatment review DaveL 862 53,014 03-04-2024, 05:06 PM
Last Post: DaveL
  Complete Newb trying a Respironics Legacy CPAP for the first time. Dmickey68 5 230 02-28-2024, 03:20 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Chin cushion for mouth leaks AReedy 9 501 02-25-2024, 09:38 PM
Last Post: AReedy

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.