Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: ResMed AirFit P10
Humidifier: Built-in
CPAP Pressure: 9.0-12.4
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments:

Sex: Male

A10 humidifier tub warming feature
Got my new ResMed AirSense 10 Autoset pretty much figured out, but I don't completely understand the "Run Warming" feature on this machine. Couldn't find the details I need elsewhere, like on ResMed's website, and their telephone support was hopeless, so I'm asking someone here who may know.

I gather that this feature turns on the tub heater ahead of the time you need it. But if you turn "Run Warming" on, does the water stay warm all the time until you turn it off? Like, day after day? This would seem to be a waste of power. And it might encourage microbial growth in the tub.

Or is it one shot, i.e. you manually turn on the feature a half hour before going to bed, and the next day you have to turn it on again?

If you don't use "Run Warming," it probably doesn't take very long for the water in the tub to heat up anyway. So what's the point?

On the other hand, if the machine is smart enough to start warming the tub twenty minutes or so before you typically start it up for the night, that would be pretty cool. (Er, warm.) Does "Run Warming" work this way? The water would cool off the next day, then be automatically pre-warmed again in the evening.

Any help from all you A10 gurus out there would be appreciated.
12-04-2015 06:09 PM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
AlanE Online

Advisory Members

Machine: ResMed AirSense 10 Autoset
Mask Make & Model: P10 & Mirage Liberty backup
CPAP Pressure: 10-14
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead

Other Comments: ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish

RE: A10 humidifier tub warming feature
I don't know how long it will stay on but it is a one-time shot. Completely manual. You turn it on and it will stop the pre-heat and use its nornal heating (if any) when you start therapy. When you stop therapy the system cools off.

(12-04-2015 06:09 PM)Canmore Wrote:  If you don't use "Run Warming," it probably doesn't take very long for the water in the tub to heat up anyway. So what's the point?

That's true. I have never used it other than to verify it was working. For those that are real sensitive to dry and cool air it is an option available to them.

Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. Access through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie
12-04-2015 06:21 PM
foss Offline
Wiki Editor
Advisory Members

Machine: ResMed Autosense 10
Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: Respironics Amara View FFM
Humidifier: Resmed
CPAP Pressure: 9 - 13.4

Other Comments: Marine Chemist, Science Teacher & Counselor, Internet Server Admistrator

I have used the "run warmup" feature on my A10 several times. It just begins to warm the hose and the water tank before you actually start therapy. I couple of times I didn't start therapy right away for whatever reason. The warmup feature shut itself off after about 30 minutes. I don't know the actual time, I just noticed that it was no longer activated. The feature is probably described in the manual, but I have not checked.

Jeff

Sleep is worth the effort.
12-04-2015 06:53 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
Possum Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: Resmed Airsense Autoset A10
Mask Make & Model: Airfit P10
Humidifier: (included in CPAP model)
CPAP Pressure: 8-12

Other Comments: Innovo CMS-50F+ pulse oximeter

(12-04-2015 06:09 PM)Canmore Wrote:  Got my new ResMed AirSense 10 Autoset pretty much figured out, but I don't completely understand the "Run Warming" feature on this machine. Couldn't find the details I need elsewhere, like on ResMed's website, and their telephone support was hopeless, so I'm asking someone here who may know.

I gather that this feature turns on the tub heater ahead of the time you need it. But if you turn "Run Warming" on, does the water stay warm all the time until you turn it off? Like, day after day? This would seem to be a waste of power. And it might encourage microbial growth in the tub.

Or is it one shot, i.e. you manually turn on the feature a half hour before going to bed, and the next day you have to turn it on again?

If you don't use "Run Warming," it probably doesn't take very long for the water in the tub to heat up anyway. So what's the point?

On the other hand, if the machine is smart enough to start warming the tub twenty minutes or so before you typically start it up for the night, that would be pretty cool. (Er, warm.) Does "Run Warming" work this way? The water would cool off the next day, then be automatically pre-warmed again in the evening.

Any help from all you A10 gurus out there would be appreciated.

All it does is preheat the humidifier (water) and hose, so that it's ready to go when you lie down for bed. I actually think it's a pretty nice feature. About 10 mins before bed, before I brush my teeth, take out my contacts, etc., I activate the "Run Warmup" feature, then by the time I'm finished with my pre-bedtime routine, it's actually blowing warm, moist air. If you just lie down and turn it on immediately, the air is cool and dry for awhile.

When you wake up and stop therapy, though, the unit will run its cooldown routine, regardless of whether you used the Run Warmup.
12-04-2015 07:04 PM
Canmore Offline

Members

Machine: ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet
Mask Make & Model: ResMed AirFit P10
CPAP Pressure: 9.0-12.4

Other Comments:

Thanks for the info, folks! I now understand.

"Run Warming" sounds like a feature that ain't quite there yet. Needs to be fully automatic, eh? Turn it on and it warms the tub each evening just before your usual beddy-bye time.

If you're not home or otherwise don't start the machine within an hour or two of the expected time, the warming would stop. And it would always stop the following morning.

Repeat the next evening . . .
12-04-2015 07:10 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
cate1898 Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: PR System One 560BT Auto
Mask Make & Model: P10's/backup-DreamWear
Humidifier: PR attached
CPAP Pressure: 8.5 - 13. A-Flex 3

Other Comments: Began CPAP Therapy Sept. 11, 2015. Hx Hypertension, Post Graves Disease, chronic migraines.

Sex: Female

What I'd like with mine is an app on my iPhone to turn on the warming remotely so that when I come upstairs it is heated and ready when I'm ready for it. After all, the wifi feature should be useful!

APNEABOARD - A great place to be if you're a hosehead!! Rolleyes

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EVERY ACCOMPLISHMENT BEGINS WITH THE DECISION TO TRY!
12-04-2015 08:01 PM
AlanE Online

Advisory Members

Machine: ResMed AirSense 10 Autoset
Mask Make & Model: P10 & Mirage Liberty backup
CPAP Pressure: 10-14

Other Comments: ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish

(12-04-2015 07:10 PM)Canmore Wrote:  If you're not home or otherwise don't start the machine within an hour or two of the expected time, the warming would stop. And it would always stop the following morning.

If the tub was dry, running the heater would not be good for the plastic.

Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. Access through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie
12-04-2015 08:12 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
trish6hundred Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: Resmed S9 AutoSet for Her
Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: Fisher & Paykel Simplus
Humidifier: H5i Heated Humidifier
CPAP Pressure: 10 - 7-20 Cm H2O
CPAP Software: Not using software

Other Comments: I started CPAP in 2008. Totally blind since birth.

Sex: Female

Hi Canmore,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Much success to you with your CPAP therapy.

trish6hundred
12-04-2015 11:25 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Beginning use with H5i humidifier Lanco 27 879 12-07-2016 02:59 PM
Last Post: Lanco
  Does long term humidifier use affect lungs? Russatrice 11 448 12-06-2016 06:27 PM
Last Post: eseedhouse
  Gunk and grit in humidifier. MrEGuy 11 522 11-07-2016 12:49 AM
Last Post: cands
  [Equipment] Resmed S10 Autoset Humidifier question keithb4158 6 395 11-02-2016 05:13 AM
Last Post: keithb4158
  Dreamstation heated tube/humidifier initial settings. NorthernGuy 9 744 10-28-2016 09:21 AM
Last Post: Perchas
  [CPAP] Humidifier texasbluedevil69 13 502 10-28-2016 06:58 AM
Last Post: texasbluedevil69
  ResMed 10 - DISHWASHER SAFE Humidifier Padre_StevieJ 5 1,130 10-05-2016 11:03 PM
Last Post: PaytonA