Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] A10 humidifier tub warming feature
A10 humidifier tub warming feature
Got my new ResMed AirSense 10 Autoset pretty much figured out, but I don't completely understand the "Run Warming" feature on this machine. Couldn't find the details I need elsewhere, like on ResMed's website, and their telephone support was hopeless, so I'm asking someone here who may know.

I gather that this feature turns on the tub heater ahead of the time you need it. But if you turn "Run Warming" on, does the water stay warm all the time until you turn it off? Like, day after day? This would seem to be a waste of power. And it might encourage microbial growth in the tub.

Or is it one shot, i.e. you manually turn on the feature a half hour before going to bed, and the next day you have to turn it on again?

If you don't use "Run Warming," it probably doesn't take very long for the water in the tub to heat up anyway. So what's the point?

On the other hand, if the machine is smart enough to start warming the tub twenty minutes or so before you typically start it up for the night, that would be pretty cool. (Er, warm.) Does "Run Warming" work this way? The water would cool off the next day, then be automatically pre-warmed again in the evening.

Any help from all you A10 gurus out there would be appreciated.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: A10 humidifier tub warming feature
I don't know how long it will stay on but it is a one-time shot. Completely manual. You turn it on and it will stop the pre-heat and use its nornal heating (if any) when you start therapy. When you stop therapy the system cools off.

(12-04-2015, 06:09 PM)Canmore Wrote: If you don't use "Run Warming," it probably doesn't take very long for the water in the tub to heat up anyway. So what's the point?

That's true. I have never used it other than to verify it was working. For those that are real sensitive to dry and cool air it is an option available to them.
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
I have used the "run warmup" feature on my A10 several times. It just begins to warm the hose and the water tank before you actually start therapy. I couple of times I didn't start therapy right away for whatever reason. The warmup feature shut itself off after about 30 minutes. I don't know the actual time, I just noticed that it was no longer activated. The feature is probably described in the manual, but I have not checked.

Jeff
Sleep is worth the effort.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-04-2015, 06:09 PM)Canmore Wrote: Got my new ResMed AirSense 10 Autoset pretty much figured out, but I don't completely understand the "Run Warming" feature on this machine. Couldn't find the details I need elsewhere, like on ResMed's website, and their telephone support was hopeless, so I'm asking someone here who may know.

I gather that this feature turns on the tub heater ahead of the time you need it. But if you turn "Run Warming" on, does the water stay warm all the time until you turn it off? Like, day after day? This would seem to be a waste of power. And it might encourage microbial growth in the tub.

Or is it one shot, i.e. you manually turn on the feature a half hour before going to bed, and the next day you have to turn it on again?

If you don't use "Run Warming," it probably doesn't take very long for the water in the tub to heat up anyway. So what's the point?

On the other hand, if the machine is smart enough to start warming the tub twenty minutes or so before you typically start it up for the night, that would be pretty cool. (Er, warm.) Does "Run Warming" work this way? The water would cool off the next day, then be automatically pre-warmed again in the evening.

Any help from all you A10 gurus out there would be appreciated.

All it does is preheat the humidifier (water) and hose, so that it's ready to go when you lie down for bed. I actually think it's a pretty nice feature. About 10 mins before bed, before I brush my teeth, take out my contacts, etc., I activate the "Run Warmup" feature, then by the time I'm finished with my pre-bedtime routine, it's actually blowing warm, moist air. If you just lie down and turn it on immediately, the air is cool and dry for awhile.

When you wake up and stop therapy, though, the unit will run its cooldown routine, regardless of whether you used the Run Warmup.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the info, folks! I now understand.

"Run Warming" sounds like a feature that ain't quite there yet. Needs to be fully automatic, eh? Turn it on and it warms the tub each evening just before your usual beddy-bye time.

If you're not home or otherwise don't start the machine within an hour or two of the expected time, the warming would stop. And it would always stop the following morning.

Repeat the next evening . . .
Post Reply Post Reply
What I'd like with mine is an app on my iPhone to turn on the warming remotely so that when I come upstairs it is heated and ready when I'm ready for it. After all, the wifi feature should be useful!
APNEABOARD - A great place to be if you're a hosehead!!  Rolleyes  

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EVERY ACCOMPLISHMENT BEGINS WITH THE DECISION TO TRY!
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-04-2015, 07:10 PM)Canmore Wrote: If you're not home or otherwise don't start the machine within an hour or two of the expected time, the warming would stop. And it would always stop the following morning.

If the tub was dry, running the heater would not be good for the plastic.
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Canmore,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Much success to you with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Humidifier Chamber Leaks - Resmed 10 Old Mike 20 768 02-23-2024, 10:44 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  [CPAP] Dry mouth despite humidifier and full face mask Tactful3149 2 448 02-13-2024, 03:25 PM
Last Post: Tactful3149
  AirSense 10 heating & humidifier issue Wingnut Warrior 2 354 02-08-2024, 11:13 PM
Last Post: Wingnut Warrior
  Extra Humidifier Water in Arid Climates DFWdude 19 2,161 12-13-2023, 08:23 AM
Last Post: car54
  AirMini with Dreamstation Go humidifier chwang733 0 320 12-12-2023, 03:53 PM
Last Post: chwang733
  Humidifier wattage - Anyone know Pse? Kingsway 10 787 11-22-2023, 03:31 PM
Last Post: Kingsway
  Document request: ResMed humidifier settings rpierce 2 516 10-21-2023, 01:28 PM
Last Post: rpierce

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.