Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] AHi Highly Irratic
RE: AHi Highly Irratic
My first question of BiBob is whether he is sure that his apneas at high pressure are obstructive? Dr. Berthon-Jones of ResMed says that at pressures above 10 cm/H2O the vast majority of obstructive apneas are controlled. He does not say that OAs can't occur above 10cm pressure but it might be worth a double check.

Yes 20 cm/H2O pressure does make obtaining a good mask seal somewhat difficult. BiBob, could you tell us what your median, 95%, and max leak rates were from last night.

Best Regards,

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-09-2014, 08:24 AM)BiBob Wrote: I would include the Sleepyhead file but don't know how.

How to do attachments:
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...ttachments
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi, BiBob,
I had trouble "fitting" my full face mask until I read a post by Jeffy1958 in this thread:
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...GUARANTEED

Jeffy1958's post helped me eliminate most of my face mask leaks and also helped eliminate erratic results.

Good luck with your CPAP therapy.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks again. I'll work on the leakage and see where that takes me.
Post Reply Post Reply
Good news. AHIs were 4.22 last night. Leaks were 1.20 at the 95% level and 26.4 at the max level. Settings were: VAuto, Max IPap=22, Min EPap=10. Mask was pretty tight. I need to find a better way on the mask. Event Breakdown was: AHI 4.22,Hypopnea 0.18, Apnea 0.00, Obstructive 3.30 and Clear Airway 0.73.

I'm far from understanding all this but lower AHI seems like progress to me. The mask is still a problem, I think. This is just a one night result and I need to see how it goes during the coming nights.

So, thank you all for coaching. It is very reassuring to have your input and encouragement as I pursue a good nights sleep for a change.

Thanks, Bob
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, that is good news BiBob. Leak rates are good now. Very good for a FFM. I am concerned that your mask may be too tight, and ultimately that will cause difficulties. Have you tried a liner yet? Such as the Remzzzz liners, or the Pad-a-cheek? You can help a ffm to seal much better by doing that and that should allow you to loosen the straps a bit. In the end, at a higher pressure such as you are using it is always going to be a bit of a challenge to keep a good seal on your ffm. But you're off to a great start.

Now, the next thing you should try? Not much. Make very few if any changes as you proceed from here out. If you leave everything alone today and can repeat last nights success, then that would be the best thing.. You want your body to get used to the new way of living for a little while before you shake things up too much..

Post Reply Post Reply
One other thing. It would not hurt to try easing off the the headgear tension but do not be discouraged if that does not work. At the pressures that you are using the straps may need to be fairly tight. I use 20cm pressure and a Mirage Quattro FFM and my headgear is quite tight. I have tried loosening it up a little to no avail but at least I finally got my leaks under control.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
MAPnea sent me a link for adjusting face mask tension and I'm working on that. I agree that I should leave things with a the machine alone now until I'm satisfied with the ffm and see if I get a repeat on results for a few days.

Thanks so much everyone!!! I finally feel that I'm on the road to a better result than I've had for years.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Highly irregular breathing patterns Michael2 8 1,089 07-20-2023, 03:27 PM
Last Post: Michael2
  Camera shows highly disturbed sleep but numbers are "good" geauxdbl 33 4,041 03-05-2020, 12:46 PM
Last Post: geauxdbl
  highly variable AHI dizzy izzie 15 5,612 03-26-2014, 01:34 PM
Last Post: zonk

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.