Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] AIR TOUCH F20
AIR TOUCH F20
I just recently switched masks from a AirFit10/20 to a Air Touch F20.  I love how the mask feels and doesn't hurt my nose.  My problem is being that I move around a lot I keep on getting leaks.  When I looked at my Sleepyhead app I had 64.3 leakage.  I do move around a lot.  The mask is a large and I have it pretty snug.  I am wondering if anyone else has experienced the same thing or something similar?   Also what is the best way to find out of the mask is the right size?  Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: AIR TOUCH F20
(03-22-2019, 08:30 AM)Samatthews72 Wrote: I just recently switched masks from a AirFit10/20 to a Air Touch F20.  I love how the mask feels and doesn't hurt my nose.  My problem is being that I move around a lot I keep on getting leaks.  When I looked at my Sleepyhead app I had 64.3 leakage.  I do move around a lot.  The mask is a large and I have it pretty snug.  I am wondering if anyone else has experienced the same thing or something similar?   Also what is the best way to find out of the mask is the right size?  Thanks

Sometimes too snug is worse. My Large cushion Air Touch F20 works ok, but tossing and turning makes it leak on me and it leaves marks on my face when I tighten the straps.

Resmed has a size guide template, but it's based on the measurement from the nose bridge to under the lower lip.

https://www.resmed.com/content/dam/resme...er_eng.pdf

https://www.resmed.com/us/en/healthcare-...t-f20.html
Post Reply Post Reply
I currently use an AirFit F20. That's the only mask I have any experience with. I do get leaks from time to time, but I am now accustomed to simply reaching up and re-adjusting it. 

I'm a dedicated side-sleeper so that contributes to the problem. But....I'm getting used to re-adjusting and making sort of a "nest" (indentation) in my pillow for it. 

I do have an AirFit F30 en-route, and I hope it will arrive sometime early next week. I'm anxious to see if it will be an improvement over the F20. 

If for some reason it isn't, I'm good with the F20.  Bigwink
Post Reply Post Reply
I also used the large F20 AirTouch, which I alternated with the AirFit (silicone). Your experience on the AirTouch's comfort and leaks were similar to mine, which was the main reason why I set it aside for the time being and use the AirFit F20. The silicone cushion would wake me up due to air leaks tingling on the oily skin of my face. I'd use mask wipes, readjust the mask and go back to sleep.

You can try the medium size AirTouch and see if the leaks would reduce.
Post Reply Post Reply
Same mask for me and same issue early on, for me it was about preventing leverage on the mask by training myself to sleep with my ear supported by pillow but face off the front of it, this way the mask didn't get pulled off my face. I've tried a number of pillows and a fairly soft down one works best for me as I can scrunch it into a central mound to put my ear on quite easily and it stays like this when I roll over.

No-one said any of this would be straightforward :-)

Rob
Post Reply Post Reply
I rotate between the Airfit & Airtouch and get less movement from the Airfit silicone mask as it stays more in place than foam. I liked the comfort of the foam but it did move more. You may try a mask liner and see if that may work any better. Eventually I got to a point where I did not toss and turn as much. I would sleep on my right side and if I got up for a break I would make sure I got on my left side when I got back in bed.
Post Reply Post Reply
By the way "welcome" to the forum. I would like to suggest you post a copy of your Oscar report for others to review. Looks like you are on Cpap mode with a fairly high pressure of 15 and a few adjustments may give you some relief. If that pressure is not right for you it could also be the cause of your leaks.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  DreamStation 2 ramps down as soon as touch screen is touched bcodemz 3 499 10-23-2023, 04:15 PM
Last Post: StratCat48
  F20 Touch (foam) cushion --Longer Use and Larger Leaks snorin2 18 2,069 09-26-2023, 03:09 PM
Last Post: SideSleeper
  Airsense 11 how do you turn off this bloody touch screen tierdal 12 3,448 07-22-2023, 04:41 PM
Last Post: silverdr
  Resmed F20 Touch (foam) failure points snorin2 2 771 09-03-2022, 01:54 PM
Last Post: snorin2
  Resmed Airsense 11 very warm to touch with burning smell Sweet72947 0 1,508 08-21-2022, 11:42 PM
Last Post: Sweet72947
  Water droplets in my air touch f20 mask yankees123 9 2,260 10-15-2020, 04:44 PM
Last Post: yankees123
Question Air Touch N20 usertc 7 2,810 09-01-2020, 07:32 PM
Last Post: Coffee Man

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.