Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] AS 10 AutoSet is doing a jackhammer routine
AS 10 AutoSet is doing a jackhammer routine
I was ecstatic to get a new (3 run hours) AutoSet 10 because my sleep issues make me sometimes need abundant napping and schlepping my PAP from my bedside to my recliner is a bother.  So, yippee!  But when I tested the bugger this afternoon — oops! it's already tomorrow — yestiddy, as I was dozing off the PAP started doing a jackhammer routine.  (Made a staccato noise, and the air flow was staccato as well — either was enough to rouse me from sleep.)   I perked up and checked it, but it was quietly purring, all innocent and polite.  During the hour-and-a-half that I spent drifting in and out of light sleep, the phenomenon occurred several times.

My "old" AutoSet never gave a hint of this kind of behavior.  Is the new puppy just trying to assert dominance?  I'm going to sign off and hit the hay — hopefully my "old reliable" won't have gotten it's knickers (or circuits) in a bunch and misbehave.

Any ideas/suggestions will be greatly appreciated — as well as assurances that this machine isn't faulty!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: AS 10 AutoSet is doing a jackhammer routine
Try replacing the filter ensure a genuine Resmed filter is inserted and not some other flow reducing one. At 3 hrs I’d be surprised but who knows
Post Reply Post Reply
When it sends pressure pulses that hard, it is working hard to figure out what is happening on your end of the mask. Since you are sleeping in the recliner vs a bed, could be your mouth was open. Or the airway was closed odd.

Take it into the bedroom and nap there. Or use it one night. See if it continues to misbehave.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(08-04-2018, 12:25 AM)jaswilliams Wrote: Try replacing the filter ensure a genuine Resmed filter is inserted and not some other flow reducing one. At 3 hrs I’d be surprised but who knows

I did examine the filter (even before going into the Clinician's Menu).  I see the logic of your speculation, yet that doesn't seem to be causative.

(08-04-2018, 02:13 AM)PaulaO2 Wrote: When it sends pressure pulses that hard, it is working hard to figure out what is happening on your end of the mask. Since you are sleeping in the recliner vs a bed, could be your mouth was open. Or the airway was closed odd.

Take it into the bedroom and nap there. Or use it one night. See if it continues to misbehave.

hmm...  I wondered if that might be the case, though I was unable to find any information that seemed relative to the behavior.

Actually, I kind of accidentally did the nap, just running the machine while reading and waiting for the dog to bring me a cup of coffee, and started nodding off.  No collar, which I've learned is more important in the recliner than in the bed.

It's entirely possible my mouth was falling open; it's been several weeks since I've had my foot removed.  The SH chart does suggest that might have been occurring.

Oops!  Just discovered that I forgot to change from FFM to P10

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Also, is the hose type set to the correct value, slimline or whatever ?
Post Reply Post Reply
ShaunBlake, could you please zoom into where the wave-forms are more distinct i.e. 2-minute max. Let's take a look at 17:52 to 17:54 and see what this flow limitation is all about.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-04-2018, 03:29 PM)ShaunBlake Wrote:  waiting for the dog to bring me a cup of coffee, 

What a great dog you've got!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Need help with Airsense 10 AutoSet JonUK 2 219 03-25-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: JonUK
  autoset vs autoset for her on airsense 11? Uzupan 7 1,470 02-06-2023, 03:37 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  S10 Autoset or S11 Autoset? The Latinist 3 1,912 02-01-2023, 04:57 PM
Last Post: tomtiki
  AirSense11 AutoSet dougsooley 4 788 10-22-2022, 03:49 PM
Last Post: dougsooley
  [Equipment] From iBreeze to Autoset 10 kirby4564 12 1,286 10-15-2022, 11:34 AM
Last Post: kirby4564
  Airsense Autoset 11 eroemer 3 734 10-02-2022, 10:36 AM
Last Post: eroemer
  Autoset 10 repair? Nightynite 8 1,162 06-22-2022, 10:17 AM
Last Post: cpapuserzzz

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.