Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Advice on purchse of new CPAP
Advice on purchse of new CPAP
My machine is 7 yrs old and has, on date, clocked ~ 16800 hrs. In another thread it was earlier opined that, though my machine is working well but, in view of its age a replacement may have to be thought of.

In view of the above I have decided to purchase a new machine.

Both Resmed Air Sense 10 Autoset and Respironics Dreamstation Auto CPAP have been recommended on the forum with a preference for the former . Since (a) I have long been using the Philips machine to my satisfaction and (b) price difference between the Resmed & Philips model being substantial in India and there being no insurance to foot the bill ; I am considering to go ahead with the Philips model.

However before a final decision is taken, I would like to consider various aspects and shall request members to advise me on the following:

1. The basic technical differences between the Air Sense 10 & Dreamstation and if they are sufficient for me to overlook the above mentioned aspects and go in for the resmed model.

2. Since I have been till date satisfied with my existing machine, whether it will be at all feasible for me to replace it with the same machine.

Thx.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Advice on purchse of new CPAP
Based on the brief segment of data on your other thread you have Flow Limitations driving your pressure up. Without question your numbers are very good but ResMed with its EPR will better address Flow Limitations, Hypopneas, and Snores. Flex with its different implementation simply does not.
Post Reply Post Reply
s10 autoset or for better for her model.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have both of the machines you're considering. They're both excellent machines, and will do the job.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks to all the members for their responses. In view of the near unanimity of opinions expressed, I have ordered AirSense 10 Autoset and expect to receive it sometime next week.

Performance charts of my existing machine were earlier posted on the forum.

I shall be grateful to receive guidance on the max/min pressure, EPR and other settings to be initially used on receipt of the new machine. Any other guidance  for its first usage shall be most welcome.

Thx.
Post Reply Post Reply
I was going to suggest you try Supplier #33 or Supplier #2. Both ship internationally for about a $100 USD charge, but offer significant discounts on the equipment.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Based on your other thread, very similar

Min 7
Max 20
EPR 3

Note that this starts your EPAP at 4 (7-3), si is the same settings you were using there but with 3cmw PS (EPR) factored in to manage your flow limitations
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-28-2019, 10:11 AM)bonjour Wrote: Based on your other thread, very similar

Min 7
Max 20
EPR 3

Note that this starts your EPAP at 4 (7-3), si is the same settings you were using there but with 3cmw PS (EPR) factored in to manage your flow limitations

The new machine has come and I have put in following settings:

Min Pressure - 7;
Max Pressure - 20;
Ramp time - Auto;
Start Pressure - 4;
EPR - On;
EPR Type - Full time;
EPR Level - 2

Do the above settings appear ok, to begin with?? Pl let me know if any changes required.

Thx .
Post Reply Post Reply
Based on your "Other" thread, I would prefer an EPR of 3, but 2 will be OK to start.

Update your profile to indicate your new machine.
Post Reply Post Reply
This is to inform that - in order to match with the EPR level - I have changed the Min Pressure to 6 and Ramp time to be 5 mins.

I used the new machine last night and OSCAR shows following statistics for 1 night usage:

AHI - 1.39
Obstructive Index - 0.51
Hypopnea Index - 0.63

Average Leak Rate - 11.04
95% Leak Rate - 24.00
% of time above Leak Rate threshold - 4.84%

Average Pressure - 11.81
Min Pressure - 4.00
Max Pressure - 17.26
95% Pressure - 15.62
Average EPAP - 9.85
Min EPAP - 4.00
Max EPAP - 15.26

Will post in detail with charts after 5-7 days. Anyway any initial comments on the above data? I hope things appear fine.

Thx.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New to CPAP, looking for guidance and advice iamJB 16 280 1 hour ago
Last Post: Expat31
  New- CA CA-Tired help with settings advice jenjabba 8 169 Yesterday, 01:03 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  New Here, Been using OSCAR, Need Advice Regarding Adjustments FrankReality 26 860 03-26-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: FrankReality
  [Pressure] Advice on pressure adjustments akarifur 43 1,795 03-25-2024, 08:58 PM
Last Post: Uzupan
  [Pressure] Looking for advice about ASV settings rosebladepat 7 143 03-15-2024, 07:12 PM
Last Post: rosebladepat
  [Treatment] Looking for Advice jlacassin 0 79 03-15-2024, 03:51 PM
Last Post: jlacassin
  [Treatment] CPAP to Bilevel advice kkjacks 21 797 03-12-2024, 01:33 PM
Last Post: kkjacks

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.