Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Aftermarket ResMed P10 headgear straps?
Question 
Aftermarket ResMed P10 headgear straps?
I'm seeing a variety of aftermarket knockoffs on Amazon. I didn't see anything in Product Reviews. Has anybody tried any of them? I usually get the brand name stuff, but it's just an elasticized strap sewn with a hole in the right place to attach to the frame, It also seems to be the most overpriced of the ResMed stuff, none of which is underpriced.

Thoughts?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Aftermarket ResMed P10 headgear straps?
"Bump" to this thread for also being interested in this subject.

In your replies, please remember to respect Rule #5 in the T&C of using ApneaBoard:

Quote:"While such commercial links are prohibited, a member may name any product or seller as long as no part of a link or website address is used."

Supplier List by numbers:  http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...plier-List

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...oard-Rules
Post Reply Post Reply
I bought a package of 4 aftermarket headgear straps from medihealer for something like $19 usd. they're better made and more comfortable than the the oem headgear and last longer with less stretching. the downside is they're hotter than the oem version.
  Shy   I have no particular qualifications or expertise with respect to the apnea/cpap/sleep related content of my posts beyond my own user experiences and what I've learned from others on this site. Each of us bears the burden of evaluating the validity and applicability of what we read here before acting on it.  

Post Reply Post Reply
(06-21-2021, 02:27 PM)sheepless Wrote: I bought a package of 4 aftermarket headgear straps from medihealer for something like $19 usd. they're better made and more comfortable than the the oem headgear and last longer with less stretching. the downside is they're hotter than the oem version.

Where did you buy them? (Posting links here is against the rules, but if it was from one of the places on the supplier list here you can just say 'from supplier #_.) I found a pack of four on eBay but for much more money. I've been making my own, but I'd like to try these.
Post Reply Post Reply
I just use the N30 headgear. Not the N30i. It works perfectly with the P10 and the tightening buckle easy to use. Fewer leaks. Slips on the P10 like the original strap. Easy. My DME orders it when it’s time and also orders the P10 frame. Also available online. 
Good luck
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes you can say names just no links.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
. . .or domain suffixes.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
As mentioned the N30 headgear looks to be a lot better (I haven't personally tried it) and is a direct replacement but probably not cheaper if that is your issue.
Post Reply Post Reply
JJJ, search amazon for p10 replacement headgear. 4 pack currently listed for $19.89 usd. sold by medihealer.
  Shy   I have no particular qualifications or expertise with respect to the apnea/cpap/sleep related content of my posts beyond my own user experiences and what I've learned from others on this site. Each of us bears the burden of evaluating the validity and applicability of what we read here before acting on it.  

Post Reply Post Reply
(06-21-2021, 08:27 PM)sheepless Wrote: JJJ, search amazon for p10 replacement headgear. 4 pack currently listed for $19.89 usd. sold by medihealer.

Aaah, Amazon. I suppose eventually babies will be tattooed at birth with their Amazon account number and barcode, but I don't have one. And that makes me happy, if on the edge of treason. Smile

Back to the topic, I may buy a pack some day, but for now I'm just going to continue with my homemade straps. But thanks to sheepless for letting me know of another alternative to the pathetic headgear from Resmed.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Are there alternative straps out there for masks that does not slide off? hejohoo 4 407 01-20-2024, 11:51 PM
Last Post: paulag1955
  P10 straps slipping acordeon 1 297 01-17-2024, 05:49 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  [Equipment] Brevida mask with Evora headgear BeauPetitNez 8 1,656 01-13-2024, 10:11 AM
Last Post: BeauPetitNez
Question [Equipment] Is the headgear on AirFit N20 the same as AirFit F20? James87 4 437 01-12-2024, 12:25 PM
Last Post: labrat
  P10 Headgear paulag1955 2 349 12-14-2023, 07:29 PM
Last Post: paulag1955
  F&P Solo Headgear Columbiabill 1 471 12-09-2023, 01:25 PM
Last Post: yankees123
  [Equipment] Resmed N30i/P30i headgear sleeve issues Himrent 1 421 11-23-2023, 02:22 PM
Last Post: Dog Slobber

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.