Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Aftermarket ResMed P10 headgear straps?
RE: Aftermarket ResMed P10 headgear straps?
(06-21-2021, 04:30 PM)Elgeeone Wrote: I just use the N30 headgear. Not the N30i. It works perfectly with the P10 and the tightening buckle easy to use. Fewer leaks. Slips on the P10 like the original strap. Easy. My DME orders it when it’s time and also orders the P10 frame. Also available online. 
Good luck

P10 replacement headgear has quite a range in price, from $5-$20 from the Az Mktplace.

Using N30 (no "i") replacement headgear sounds like an interesting try, but it's newness makes it rather difficult to find at a anything near a comparable price.  

Elgeeone, could you please expand on the difference you've found with the N30 headgear as a replacement.  Are there "fewer leaks" simply because of the buckles?  But the newer P10 strap replacements also come with buckles now.  Any other differences?

On another note, I've been a happy P10 user for many years. Every time I try something else, it just gets added to the drawer, but I haven't tried any of the more-recent similar products. The P10 pillows do wobble a bit and I always wonder about something with less wobble but still light.
Post Reply Post Reply
I hear you JJJ. I was amazon averse until I sucked it up and tried it about 4 months ago. it was getting harder and harder to avoid. I don't have the tattoo and don't need to know my password apparently (it knows me somehow). I try to shop locally but I absolutely hate traffic and the time and stress of shopping at brick and mortar stores. it's getting harder and harder to find things locally and amazon has everything, like sears used to, only more so. often cheaper than elsewhere and much, much too convenient. in the last 4 months I bought a bunch of stuff I'd been putting off for years. I felt like a kid before xmas anticipating each delivery. [hey amazon, do I get a discount for these comments? :-) ]

at about 4 times the price of these aftermarket straps, it's hard to justify buying the oem headgear and enough to make me overcome my aversion. the cheaper straps do stretch but not as much (clips included). they seem sturdier and imo more comfortable. the downside is a big one: they're hotter than oem because they're wider and the material used doesn't breathe as well as the oem.

idk if amazon prohibits it and probably not worth the effort but I wonder if you could locate the seller's website and buy direct.
  Shy   I have no particular qualifications or expertise with respect to the apnea/cpap/sleep related content of my posts beyond my own user experiences and what I've learned from others on this site. Each of us bears the burden of evaluating the validity and applicability of what we read here before acting on it.  

Post Reply Post Reply
First off, I buy spare n30 headgear both from Amazon and eBay. About $20 and they last a very long time compared to P10 straps. 

I can’t tolerate those little clips for the P10. And they fly off. Frustrating. 

The buckle helps me position the straps comfortably and I rarely have to adjust the tension. Less leaks because the headgear does not slide around my head and comfortably puts the pillows correctly in my nostrils, so no more nose sores, far fewer leaks. Last night my mask off report was a 3, which is high for me. Usually just 1 or none. This tells me that it’s time to swap the headgear and wash the removed one. I rotate several P10 frames with n30 straps regularly. 

It works well for me. I don’t need to buy a 4 pack as one lasts at least a year so far. 

Ymmv
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for all the info in this thread. I heard someone mention using the N30 straps before. My P10 is new and I'm not sure it'll be a permanent full-time replacement but it's definitely in the rotation when my nose starts to hurt at the bridge. If I didn't have to tape my mouth (when I'm already super sensitive to most adhesives and easily suffer skin tears removing tapes) then for sure I'd be using the P10 (or something similar) every darn night. I ended up just tying a knot in the strap last night to shorten the elastic, but I might go ahead and order an N30 strap to try instead.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have mentioned this before here, but in a different thread, so it's time I explained again about my homemade P10 headgear. All you need is some elastic, about two to four cm wide (half inch to one inch) or so. Cut a length about long enough to go around the back of your head, then (this is the clever part) dip the ends of the elastic into some leftover paint or varnish (you could even use fingernail polish), and let it dry. Then use a razor blade or sharp utility knife to cut a slit in the ends to make a sort of buttonhole. Finally, use a pair of heavy duty scissors to cut off the end of the plastic part that the headgear attaches to, leaving a bit to fasten your buttonholes onto. Fasten your elastic, and you're done. But note that this has no strap over the head, which I have discovered is useless anyway.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ratchick,
A few weeks ago, I posted a fix for stretchy out p10 headgear. Just pull some thin round elastic through with a sewing booking (or hairpin) stitch in place when you've found the best tension.

I bought the elastic at the dollar store with enough elastic to fix many masks. My original post has pictures

JJJ I like your solution also
Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you Cpapian - I did remember seeing that post, yes. That's what prompted me to just tie a knot in it last night rather than faffing about with the little clips that came in the box.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Are there alternative straps out there for masks that does not slide off? hejohoo 4 409 01-20-2024, 11:51 PM
Last Post: paulag1955
  P10 straps slipping acordeon 1 299 01-17-2024, 05:49 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  [Equipment] Brevida mask with Evora headgear BeauPetitNez 8 1,658 01-13-2024, 10:11 AM
Last Post: BeauPetitNez
Question [Equipment] Is the headgear on AirFit N20 the same as AirFit F20? James87 4 439 01-12-2024, 12:25 PM
Last Post: labrat
  P10 Headgear paulag1955 2 351 12-14-2023, 07:29 PM
Last Post: paulag1955
  F&P Solo Headgear Columbiabill 1 474 12-09-2023, 01:25 PM
Last Post: yankees123
  [Equipment] Resmed N30i/P30i headgear sleeve issues Himrent 1 422 11-23-2023, 02:22 PM
Last Post: Dog Slobber

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.