Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Air Sense 11 SD Card Issues
Air Sense 11 SD Card Issues
Hello All,

New to the board and CPAP Therapy!  

Purchased my own equipment due to DME company being out of equipment with no firm date of availability.

So, I purchased my machine through Sleeplay and it is the ResMed Air Sense 11 AutoSet version.

It has Bluetooth/wireless connectivity and I have been successful in reviewing my first few nights of data in the MyAir App.  Of course, during all my research prior to purchasing a machine and the fact that I am a bit of a techie...I would like to see more detailed information on my therapy.  I learned of OSCAR through YouTube and found this board via Google while searching to resolve my issue.

Onto the issue:

I formatted a 32gb MicroSD card using FAT32.  Placed that card in the SD card adaptor and inserted it into the slot on the machine.  Blue activity light activated, and I received a message on the LCD screen that all was well.  Went to bed last night and today when I removed the card to check the data, nothing was recorded?

There are some folders on the card, but no data??

These are the two main folders:

.fseventsd
.Spotlight-V100

Both folders appear to have been created by the CPAP machine when the card was initialized in the machine, as the Date/Time stamp match yesterday afternoon.

Am I doing something wrong?  Any help or advice is appreciated.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Air Sense 11 SD Card Issues
(06-03-2022, 05:15 PM)RDCst7 Wrote: .fseventsd
.Spotlight-V100

Looks like you are using a Mac.  Those folders are created by macOS and are unnecessary, they can be deleted.

Does your microSD adapter have a write protect switch on it?  It sounds like your xPAP machine didn't write anything to the card at all.  Usually caused by the write protect switch being left on.
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the reply!

I checked the adaptor and it is not locked.  Will definitely try to format it with my PC and see if that makes a difference, but not sure it will since I was able to format it in FAT32.
Post Reply Post Reply
Either way, both Windows and Mac will write some unecessary files to the SD card.

There is a free formatting tool available (Windows and Mac) from the SD Association.  The group that comes up with SD card standards.

https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter/
It will format the SD card correctly based on it's storage capacity (ie: 32GB will be FAT32).
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ok cool, I will try that and see what happens.  Thanks again!
Post Reply Post Reply
I am just curious if you fixed this.  I am also new have an AS11 & a Mac and I bought an SD card from Amazon and just stuck it in the AS11 and it recorded, I don’t think I formatted it at all.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, Jeff8356's suggestion worked for me.
Post Reply Post Reply
ECM5 - New SD cards come preformatted to a FAT32.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
Ah thank you I knew it had to be something like that !
Post Reply Post Reply
Something to be aware of if you don't have an SD card slot on your computer and you use a USB adapter -- some of those dongles are unable to tell that you've write-protected the card, and when you plug it into your computer it vomits crap all over your card!

I got so sick of cleaning dot-files up that I installed an ubuntu virtual machine and I only read the card in unix, which is much better house-broken than mac or windows.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  please help me make sense of my central apneas p4ncaketim 27 602 10 hours ago
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Sinus issues with CPAP Luka07 10 219 Yesterday, 02:07 PM
Last Post: Luka07
  Air Mini issues Bous 0 55 03-27-2024, 08:14 AM
Last Post: Bous
  Issues with APAP WWYD FlyingUmbrella683 1 89 03-22-2024, 07:21 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  How to remedy issues during lighter sleep period, 3 AM-7 AM rosebladepat 0 113 03-15-2024, 07:45 PM
Last Post: rosebladepat
  Airsense 10 Issues cgries2448 0 159 03-09-2024, 03:31 PM
Last Post: cgries2448
  [CPAP] ResMed Air Sense 10 Auto Off Problem Buddie43 19 26,352 03-05-2024, 10:50 PM
Last Post: Ailyhsaun

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.