Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Air mini advice?
Air mini advice?
I just ordered the Resmed Air Mini for a lighter and smaller travel machine. I understand it can be quite loud, though people seem to say it's the in-hose humidifer thingy rather than the machine itself. It sounds like I'll need a little converter attachment that I can get from amazon and then I'll be able to use any regular hose and my normal mask, and that should eliminate or greatly reduce the noise problem. Can anyone confirm this is true? Am I missing anything? I can do without a humidifier when traveling. Thanks for any advice!
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
RE: Air mini advice?
I don't use an AirMini, but others have said it is loud.  

An adapter is available for the AirMini which allows you to use a regular (non heated) hose and mask of choice.
I can't say if this adapter has any affect on the noise level.  

Check Amazon, or any Suppliers from the Suppliers list at top of page.  You will see many different manufacturers selling this adapter and the price can vary.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

OSCAR Chart Organization

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I use the AirMini with an adapter to a regular P10 mask and sometimes its own mask with a humidifier in a snorkel. The noise is emitted by the holes near the mask, I did not notice a big difference, but it is there.
Post Reply Post Reply
I bought an AirMini at the first of the year because I had a lot of business travel set for this year, then Covid hit and those trips have been canceled.   I take care of a family member out of town each Friday night and use it there since I do not want to pack up my Airsense 10 Autoset just for one night.  It took a while to get used to the AirMini noise and I like others, I thought getting rid of the inline humidifier would help.  I figured I could do without humification for a night or two.

I purchased the hose adapter and a Slimline hose so I could use my Airfit P10 pillows.  I saw little to no difference in noise level.  YMMV.
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Treatment] UARS - BiPAP - just started treatment - need advice calebpng 3 105 11-26-2020, 10:09 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Advice appreciated martyedb 32 641 11-14-2020, 03:23 PM
Last Post: martyedb
  [Equipment] Longtime BiPAP w/ centrals needs new machine advice memeuro 51 1,641 11-11-2020, 04:12 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Newbie - Help with OSCAR and advice regarding treatment (OSA and possible RERAs?) SleepyMech 0 107 11-10-2020, 10:42 AM
Last Post: SleepyMech
Question CPAP newbie, trying to avoid DMEs entirely. Need advice on what I'm doing. harrisrobin 10 295 11-10-2020, 01:21 AM
Last Post: Hydrangea
  Rcgop needs advice Rcgop 3 205 11-05-2020, 10:16 AM
Last Post: martyedb
  Need advice for the quietest full face mask Strikeaegis 5 281 10-24-2020, 10:25 AM
Last Post: jaswilliams

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.