Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

External vaporizers
External vaporizers
Anyone running a separate vaporizer in the room to augment the humidifier? Does it help significantly?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: External vaporizers
Running a humidifier in the sleeping room will make the CPAP humidifier run even less. It uses the ambient room humidity to determine how much to send to you. However, the humid air in the room will be getting to you, just like the humid air in the summer does.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Frankly, unless your living in some place like Beatty Nevada where humidity is in the single digits, it should not be necessary to augment the xPAP humidifier. It's capable of saturating the airflow's relative humidity.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
My dry mouth disagrees.
Post Reply Post Reply
Then you are mouth breathing or mouth leaking at night.

Are you viewing your data? Do you have leaks happening?

How long have you been using the CPAP? Sometimes new users experience a dry mouth even if they do not mouth breathe/leak. This typically goes away with time.

Ah, wait, I see you use a FFM. That changes things. What do you have the humidifier set to now? Are you seeing the water level go down during the night?

I would assume it would take a fairly large room humidifier to make a difference. I'm not sure it would be worth it.

Someone here got an external humidifier unit that attached to his CPAP machine. It has a bigger tub and allows him to really crank up the humidity.

Anyone remember who that is? Or what he got?
PaulaO

Post Reply Post Reply
Google is my friend. The HC150 Heated Humidifier Kit might be what he got. The two places I just saw it online has it for about $146 USD.
PaulaO

Post Reply Post Reply
You are using the full face mask and this is happening? I am wondering if you are mouthbreathing all night. Like maybe the mask has enough pressure against your sinuses to block them off.
There is a variety of the full face masks to choose from. I found that the ideal was to have as good a seal as I could get with as small amount of tight. There is a lot of experimentation involved in getting the mask the way you want it. It is important to keep your nasal passages nice and open.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have dry mouth in the morning also; and I use nearly my entire water tank during a night's sleep.
It's nearly raining in the mask...
I confess to being a mouth breather.

Other conditions can cause dry mouth. Diabetes, medications, et cetera.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Since about 2005, we started using Biotene toothpaste and Biotene mouthwash. They have a lot of other products like Biotene spray. These are for dry mouth.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Equipment] How to stop rain out from external humidifier? SluggerBaloney 7 259 04-02-2024, 02:08 PM
Last Post: SluggerBaloney
  Purchasing external SD card reader Sleepgains 8 1,206 03-13-2020, 09:31 PM
Last Post: Sleepgains
  HDM Z1 & External Power Bank? dave678 0 1,609 08-06-2016, 05:57 PM
Last Post: dave678
  CMS50F external oximeter probe on CMS50D+? rost 4 2,074 07-15-2016, 05:25 PM
Last Post: rost

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.