Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] AirFit nasal cradle redesign a fail for me
Thumbsdown 
AirFit nasal cradle redesign a fail for me
ResMed has redesigned their nasal cradle cushion. I can't get a decent fit with the new soft shell model. The DreamStation display says I got a 51% and 59% mask fit on two different nights with this redesigned nasal cushion, as opposed to a 90+% fit with the hard shell model. Other disappointments are that the soft shell makes the cushion harder to insert into the frame and to remove it, and one of the newly positioned air vents blows air at the tip of my nose. The last two things are minor issues, but the leak rate makes the thing useless. Where to go from here?  Nasal pillows deliver too strong a focused air stream that makes my nose bleed.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: AirFit nasal cradle redesign a fail for me
Why not use the DreamWear?
Thank you,
Brent aka Factor

Just a Regular guy.
My untreated AHI was 87.  You can do it hang in there.
"You can if you will"   Jerry Kramer

Got OSCAR?
Organize Charts
Optimizing Therapy

My Story
Post Reply Post Reply
The Evora is also a nasal cradle mask with hard sides and a comfortable fit.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Have you tried Brevida?
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-26-2021, 04:29 PM)pholynyk Wrote: The Evora is also a nasal cradle mask with hard sides and a comfortable fit.

[Prescription Required Item Removed]

I like the Dreamwear cushion (cradle)

-----
Moderator Action: Prescription-Required Item Removed
Per Apnea Board Rules, prescription-required items are not allowed to be sold, traded or offered on our forums. Thanks for your understanding.
-----
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks to all for the information you provided. I did not know that Phillips offers a nasal cushion. I will try that first, as I still have Phillips frames from an unsuccessful try of their nasal pillows.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Introducing the ResMed AirFit F40 MrIvanDrago 46 2,973 52 minutes ago
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  AirFit F30i Mask Problem OldTeacher 22 4,557 03-23-2024, 03:23 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  Nasal irrigation sleepingbetterinFl 8 316 03-11-2024, 10:50 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  AirFit F20 Irritating Nose Bridge SavvApnea 40 6,964 03-10-2024, 01:38 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  Nasal pillows vs. cradle GOIRISH65 8 389 03-04-2024, 07:44 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  [Equipment] Loud noise from AirFit F20 mask SleepyLuke 2 1,603 03-04-2024, 12:38 AM
Last Post: SleepyLuke
  AirSense 11 & AirFit F30i Mask, new CPAP user TreeSky 0 297 02-25-2024, 09:47 AM
Last Post: TreeSky

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.