Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] AirSense 10 Autoset for her
AirSense 10 Autoset for her
Hi,

I have been using a fixed pressure (7) Resmed S9 for the past six years. I am heading over the states (from Australia) next week and want to buy an AirSense 10 AutoSet.

I "think" I might like the extra choice of the algorithm for her, but I read somewhere about an update to the firmware on the non specific gender model which adds that algorithm. Is this correct? I greatly prefer the looks of the black unit, but don't like paying the same $$ for less. Any advice is appreciated.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: AirSense 10 Autoset for her
first I've heard of it.

and as far as the looks go... duct tape, camo tape, contact paper, it's nice and flat, most anything will 'skin' it.
Post Reply Post Reply
jiminoz,
Welcome to Apnea Board!
Not sure, but some have reported that the newer releases of the "black" version of the A10 has the same algorithm as the "for her" model. And if not, who really cares about the color?
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I had exactly the same questions myself three months ago when I went to purchase my machine. I actually contacted Resmed as well as a local supplier here in Perth and this was the response I received from them regarding the the "For Her model".

"Thanks for reaching out to us here! Yes, you are correct that the RERA reporting is only available on the AirSense 10 AutoSet for Her (in all modes). Clinical research suggests that sleep apnea presents itself differently in women, primarily in the form of significant increases in RERA events related to sleep apnea in men.

And to answer your question: Yes, men can use this machine, but your clinician can ultimately determine which therapy settings are appropriate for you"

I ended up purchasing Airsense 10 Autoset for her and couldn't be happier. I actually had a loan unit that was the black Airsense Autoset model that had all three modes available, but apparently these are only the loan units that Resmed give to their suppliers for customers to try out before purchasing. I believe the standard Airsense 10 Autoset only has 2 modes available (CPAP) and (Autoset).
Post Reply Post Reply
jiminoz: One thing to keep in mind; according to the black and white letter of US law, you need a prescription to buy a CPAP machine.
If you have one that was written in Oz -- bring it, that might be good enough.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks, yes I have a prescription written in OZ and it is on file with one of the online companies in the USA. I used it to buy my first CPAP machine in the states. I don't know why, but CPAP machines as well as masks are more than double the cost in OZ for the same product. Even with what my insurance will pay buying it here, I will save several hundred dollars buying it in the states. I am originally from Ohio, so I am able to buy all my supplies when I visit family there and save international shipping charges so it works out pretty well.

Thanks for all the advice, looks like I will go for the her model (and maybe put some manly stickers on it. Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi jiminoz,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
It seems like I read somewhere that the newer firmware did include the for her algorithm, but I'm not sure.
Much success to you as you continue your CPAP therapy and hang in there for more responses to your post.
Have fun here in the states.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 21 407 1 hour ago
Last Post: Pawpri
  Need help with Airsense 10 AutoSet JonUK 2 109 03-25-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: JonUK
  [Equipment] Should I turn on the AB Filter option on my AirSense 10 AutoSet for these filters? cLoo 10 837 03-22-2024, 01:34 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  Switching from Dreamstation 1 to AirSense II autoset jed3 2 167 03-21-2024, 07:39 AM
Last Post: jed3
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 613 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  ResMed Airsense 10 AutoSet and Oscar Bucktilley 4 213 03-05-2024, 04:41 PM
Last Post: Bucktilley
  Dreamstation II -> AirSense 11 AutoSet todivefor 10 650 02-23-2024, 04:15 PM
Last Post: drwoodr

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.