Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] AirSense 10 for Her - changing sleep periods?
AirSense 10 for Her - changing sleep periods?
Hi,

I work nights from 7p-7a a couple times every week or two.  AirSense only records my time until noon...which always looks pretty ugly since it only includes about 3.5 hours.  I do check in SleepyHead a few times per week, and haven't really noticed, yet, how it looks at that data.  However, on those days I'm sleeping in the day, I don't have time to load my data to the computer before I head back for another 13+ hour shift, and I'd just like to be able to glance at the Sleep Record on the machine and get a basic idea.  

I've looked through the clinician manual and can't seem to find a way to adjust this.  I know SleepyHead has a setting in preferences to split days differently. However, I don't want to make this a permanent change, just a day-by-day change when needed.  

I finally got my humidity & heated temp balanced out...was having horrific sore throat (deep laryngeal....not dry mouth.)  With humidity at 8 and tube heat at 82F, all seems good.  So now I need to start really focusing on the other data.  

I don't know if I'm missing it or just can't do it.  Thanks for any help!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: AirSense 10 for Her - changing sleep periods?
Apparently there is no way to adjust the ResMed data cut-off other than change the clock which is not recommended. When I complained to ResMed, they told me that it was some kind of protocol that they adopted early on and do not get too many complaints.

Normally, I go to bed sometime after 7 a.m. and sleep for 8 hours -- which gives me weird data patterns. Annoying as hell when you look at your data online and see the difference in scoring on myAir displays. (but it eventually works out the next day).

I, too, have had issues with the 12:00 p.m. cut-off with the ResMed AirSense device. If your data is being monitored, it is important to keep the data clean so changing the clock is not a great idea when dealing with medical records. I have learned to live with ugly data in ResScan, but my Sleepyhead data looks fine . Of course, the two software packages do not produce time-comparable data -- so I use both: ResScan for my physician and Sleepyhead for me.

Best of luck with your therapy.
"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks...I can resign myself to it for a couple days a week....I just didn't know if I was overlooking a possible fix to it.  

Thank goodness for SleepyHead!
Post Reply Post Reply
If you just care for the right "days / nights":
the machines think of a "day" as 12:00 to 12:00 (noon to noon). They cut the data at 11:59 and that was it for the day - if you sleep over it 12:01 starts the next day.

Make a schedule when you will sleep during the week. Find out your "daychange" - meaning the time (or timeframe) where the "day / sleepcycle" ends for you and change the time in your CPAP accordingly.

If you sleep from 08:00 to 16:00 some days and the other days from 22:00 to 06:00 and maybe sometime you take a "afternoon" nap until 18:00 or 20:00 - then: 21:00 sounds like a good time for the day-break. (meaning you need to set the clock in the cpap that way that 12:00 in the machine is at 21:00 real-time.)
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-29-2017, 04:25 PM)TBMx Wrote: If you just care for the right "days / nights":
the machines think of a "day" as 12:00 to 12:00 (noon to noon). They cut the data at 11:59 and that was it for the day - if you sleep over it 12:01 starts the next day.

Make a schedule when you will sleep during the week. Find out your "daychange" - meaning the time (or timeframe) where the "day / sleepcycle" ends for you and change the time in your CPAP accordingly.

If you sleep from 08:00 to 16:00 some days and the other days from 22:00 to 06:00 and maybe sometime you take a "afternoon" nap until 18:00 or 20:00 - then: 21:00 sounds like a good time for the day-break. (meaning you need to set the clock in the cpap that way that 12:00 in the machine is at 21:00 real-time.)
So if I reset the time, say when it's really 12 noon, but make it 2100 on the machine, it will give me a 24 hour sleep window?  That might work...as I rarely go to bed before 9pm, but when I work nights I sleep from 9 am to about 4 pm. 

Thank you for the help!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 612 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 161 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  15-minute periods of massive events (OSCAR pics included) nicholasb600 2 176 03-14-2024, 09:42 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Fragmented sleep - AirSense 11 vs. 10 skydoc01 3 209 03-04-2024, 04:58 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Airsense 11 Auto and insurance compliance and data reporting to sleep doctor sausagesrolex 1 244 03-01-2024, 11:59 PM
Last Post: an4g745
  AHI Discrepancy w/ AirSense 10 AS and WatchPat Sleep Study TheProphetofLies 6 340 02-26-2024, 11:51 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  adding sleep report (Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea) NewlyDiagnosed 1 204 02-26-2024, 10:19 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.