Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] AirSense 10 machines question
AirSense 10 machines question
Hi everyone! I'm new here. Smile

I have a question that requires some expertise that I don't have because I consider myself a newbie on this aspect.

I already have a Resmed CPAP S9 with autoset, but I want to buy a second machine.

At the Resmed website, the current machine is the AirSense 10.

The CPAP machine Elite seems to have everything that I need and is pretty much what my current S9 has but it does not have the autoset.
On the other hand, the Airsense 10 Autoset seems to be the Elite with Autoset BUT is listed as APAP.

I saw some comments from doctors saying that APAP users tend to feel less comfort than CPAP users because of the frequent pressure change (and tend to wake up because of that).

My question is, should I worry about that frequent pressure change from the APAP (10 autoset) and buy the CPAP Elite or is that something irrelevant thing and go for the autoset version?

All opinions are welcome!!!

Thanks in advance!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: AirSense 10 machines question
I would go for the APAP. You can set the APAP to Cpap mode if you prefer. You have already been using an autoset, why go backwards?
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I use the A10 autoset with settings of 9 and 14. It may go to 13 or 14 several times each night but I'm aware of no discomfort. When I was on a constant setting my apnea was not well controlled.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Keep your options open, go with the auto it can do everything a CPAP can and more including be a CPAP machine. Are you using you S9 as a CPAP or APAP? If your profile is correct you are using the S9 in auto with an 8-15 pressure range, it should be no different. You could post a SleepyHead chart or two to get more insight.

Dave
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi vianna77,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Good luck as you continue CPAP therapy.
Hang in there for more answers to your question.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
It would help of you download sleepyhead from the top of the page and tell the data or better still post a chart.

If you adjust the auto to a closer range to the 95%. You won't get pressure swings like on the 5-20 we see here so often. A pressure range of 4-5cm difference between high and low is common. Even so, some people still do better on a fixed pressure, the auto will determine this pressure for you and you can set it in cpap mode. sleepyhead will confirm it's working.

I think there is no advantage moving away from the S9 if you are paying out of your own pocket. They are both current tech. If your time is up and insurance is buying another machine, then I would get the resmed airsense autoset. Both can be put into constant pressure cpap mode.
mask fit http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer
For auto-cpap, from machine data or software. You can set the min pressure 1 or 2cm below 95%. Or clinicians commonly use the maximum or 95% pressure for fixed pressure CPAP, this can also be used for min pressure.
https://aasm.org/resources/practiceparam...rating.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply
As mentioned, if you are already using an autoset and it's working well for you, stick with an autoset. I wouldn't worry about what the doctors post about. You already know it works for you.
Post Reply Post Reply
I agree with everyone else. I started on S9 Elite then bought the S9 auto and now am on the AirSense Auto. As everyone has said, you can use the auto as fixed pressure anyway. If you already have the S9 auto so you would be used to the auto machine and changing pressure - all autoset machines are Apap.( Automatic Positive Airway Pressure). The elite is fixed pressure Cpap. (Continuous positive airway pressure)
Post Reply Post Reply
Without question, an APAP with heated hose.    It is much more flexible and we can help you adjust to it.   The members here have used various devices for many years and are very familiar with the more common machines (ResMed and Philips).

Current acceptable in Production Machines (ResMed and Philips Respironics, the 2 most popular manufactures)

• ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet (best choice) (E0601) (Fixed CPAP, Auto CPAP)

• ResMed AirSense™ 10 Elite CPAP Machine with HumidAir™ Heated Humidifier (37205) (E0601) (Fixed CPAP)

• ResMed AirCurve 10, all models

• Philips Respironics DreamStation Auto CPAP Machine (DSX500x11) (Not all DreamStation Models, Check SN on bottom, bricks look the same) (Fixed CPAP, Auto CPAP) (best choice)

• Philips Respironics DreamStation CPAP Pro (DSX400x11) (Not all DreamStation Models, Check SN on bottom) (Fixed CPAP)
Post Reply Post Reply
By consensus, I will buy a new AirSense 10 AutoSet. Smile

Thanks everyone for your reply! I really appreciate it!

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 614 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  csa machines cexer 1 74 03-20-2024, 01:43 PM
Last Post: cexer
  Returning defective machines to Philips Respironics big_dave 5 673 02-04-2024, 02:15 PM
Last Post: big_dave
  Need Input on AirSense 10 vs AirSense 11 b4 Ordering New CPAP mdmarmd 13 2,183 01-14-2024, 04:11 PM
Last Post: scowell
  Central vs. OA Events: Switching Machines or Tweaking Current CPAP Settings? fjones416 4 498 12-14-2023, 12:28 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Difference in Machines SufiMindtricks 8 595 11-26-2023, 11:59 AM
Last Post: HappySailor
  SoClean & other CPAP cleaning machines britincanada 505 83,134 11-12-2023, 12:35 PM
Last Post: Sleepster

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.