Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] AirSense 11: Now have SD card in it
AirSense 11: Now have SD card in it
For those eagerly awaiting news, I borrowed a card reader from work, archived the AirSense 10 data off the card I have, formatted it, and the AirSense 11 seems to have been happy with FAT32 formatting. 

I'll zip up the files and hit the Dropbox link for the OSCAR folx, tomorrow. Maybe one night's data will help? 

-Jeff
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: AirSense 11: Now have SD card in it
An A10 card has this file structure on it -- 3 files, 2 directories
All of these were created the first time the card was inserted in the machine
    Identification.crc -- a 4-byte file -- crc usually means Cyclic Redundency Check? not modified since created
    Identification.tgt -- a text file which contains serial number, product id, etc. not modified since created
    STR.edf -- a binary file, which gets modified every day at noon when the machine rolls the clock over
    DATALOG directory, which contains a series of directories with names that are dates in YYYYMMDD format
    SETTINGS directory, contains 16 pairs of files named xyz.crc and xyz.tgt, and then 9 .log files

Is what you have on the Air11 card exactly the same as the Air10 structure, pretty much the same with additions and changes (i.e. same idea, new version), or is it something completely different?
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-04-2021, 11:41 PM)cathyf Wrote: Is what you have on the Air11 card exactly the same as the Air10 structure, pretty much the same with additions and changes (i.e. same idea, new version), or is it something completely different?

I'll be able to tell you in 9-10 hours.  Smile

-Jeff
Post Reply Post Reply
It will be similar, except identification.json instead of identification.tgt and all of the SETTINGS directory is now in a .json file.

In fact, if you create an identification.tgt file in the old format, using data you find in the .json file, OSCAR will run as that file is just to identify the machine. Displayed settings data will be wrong as the fields in the str.edf file have changed. ResMed has a bunch of variations on the str.edf file for different machines, and we have handled them all so far without much difficulty.
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-04-2021, 11:50 PM)GuyScharf Wrote: In fact, if you create an identification.tgt file in the old format, using data you find in the .json file, OSCAR will run as that file is just to identify the machine. Displayed settings data will be wrong as the fields in the str.edf file have changed.

Are you saying that in building a proper identification.tgt file, the rest of the reporting data will still be correct in OSCAR, other than  the machine settings reporting? If so, it sounds like y'all have it figured out, and you likely need no additional test data from "the field." If I've misunderstood, please DM me with that dropbox link, and I'll zip up what I have so far (only about 10 hrs. of data collection, so far). 

I eagerly await the update!

-Jeff
Post Reply Post Reply
In thinking about the AirSense 11 coming to market over the next few months, have you been able to get inside the clinical menu and make your adjustments? Are you comfortable that you have the same access to whatever you need, as on the AirSense 10? Any further thoughts on purchase of this new AirSense 11 vs. AirSense 10?
Post Reply Post Reply
Jeff, in response to S396’s question, maybe a new thread with something like “Airsense11, thoughts after XX days” as a title so that people will know that this is going to be about more than the card.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-05-2021, 08:55 PM)jprestonian Wrote: Are you saying that in building a proper identification.tgt file, the rest of the reporting data will still be correct in OSCAR, other than  the machine settings reporting?

That's not been confirmed yet.  At my first glance, a few weeks ago, the graph data looked reasonable. It was immediately obvious that there were problems with the settings -- not particularly difficult ones but ones that required some work inside OSCAR. I did not examine the data further to see if there any problems in the graphs or statistics. All that needs to be tested to determine what work might be needed.
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Just sent a .zip to your Dropbox link. Thanks!

-Jeff
Post Reply Post Reply
Funny, my Airsense 11 was happy only with a FAT16 SD card.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Suggested Settings Switching AirSense 10 CPAP to AirSense 11 APAP Rickyricardo 3 181 04-20-2024, 04:55 PM
Last Post: Rickyricardo
  What happens when SD card fills? - Resmed Airsense 10 Craigtech 1 291 03-10-2024, 04:12 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  SD Card in AirSense 11 missing data larryh 2 236 03-06-2024, 08:54 PM
Last Post: larryh
Question ResMed AirSense 10 SD Card reuse? uselessdetails 3 475 02-16-2024, 02:51 PM
Last Post: srlevine1
  [Equipment] Resmed Airsense 11 SD Card? Dawg 1 303 02-11-2024, 09:01 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Resmed airsense 10 auto set card to cloud chronic 4 443 02-02-2024, 01:23 PM
Last Post: chronic
  Airsense 11 / SD Card issues shedawg 9 769 01-26-2024, 03:16 PM
Last Post: dataq1

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.