Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] AirSense 11 app not supported in Australia
Question 
AirSense 11 app not supported in Australia
First post, please go easy on me!

I bought an AirSense 11 in the USA as not available in Australia yet. 
I thought it would still connect to the myAir app using bluetooth but cannot get it to work - is it because they have specifically blocked Australia location from using it?
Has anyone got the app to worth with an AirSense 11? Any tricks?
Many thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: AirSense 11 app not supported in Australia
OSCAR works in Australia...

...just sayin'...

I believe myAir gets its data through the cellular data modem via the phone network, not Bluetooth directly to the phone. But I'm not sure how the Bluetooth connects from your CPAP to anything, so idk

But I know OSCAR works Big Grin and gives you more information about your therapy.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks - keen to try OSCAR but if the Airsense 11 is not supported with cellular in Australia, do I need to use the SD Card method? Have been reading the wiki to learn!
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, you need an SD card to record the data from your machine and transfer it to OSCAR. OSCAR is free an can be downloaded from the link at the top of the page. You will also need a USB card reader if your PC doesn't have a slot.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Aussiemark !

This just happened me with the AirSense 10. I bought it from the USA but am using in Asia. It wouldn't connect to the app for me as it's regionally blocked to try force users to buy local / pay regional prices.

SD card into the machine and load it into OSCAR.  I do it every morning now and it's a new high point of my day as I get used to the device and work on geetting my numbers where I want them.  It takes 2 minutes or less to do it in the morning.

I'm also using SleepHQ where I also copy the files in each morning - that way when I'm away from home I can review online from my phone if I want to during the day. It's a slightly different but slightly similar view to Oscar.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks everyone, got OSCAR to work and now can see my data!!

Appreciate the support!
Post Reply Post Reply
ResMed's myAir app uses cell phone technology to transfer the data. Originally the cell phone technology used on the CPAP machines was 3G. But 3G has recently been shut down. There are some ResMed machines that have a 4G modem and there are some that have no modem at all.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
It’s not Bluetooth. Bluetooth is a local protocol and not something anyone can block by region. Used to connect to local devices but Airsense 11 is not one them. If it was only Bluetooth, you could connect but the provider nor the manufacturer could connect unless they went through your smart device.

My Airsense 11 does not show up in my Bluetooth list.

It is a cellular connection to enable world-wide. But that can be blocked by governments and filtered by IP regions by the manufacturer. Don’t know if ResMed is doing that. But like Sleepster said, some Airsense 11 have 4g modem and some none. There was a chip shortage that force some to not have the modem. My USA DME provider told me that and that I was lucky to have a modem.

So either you have a Airsense 11 that did not have a modem chip or maybe your area does not have 4g and it cannot connect.

I don’t think they changed the software so the menu would not show if you have a modem or not. If it does not, it will just not connect.

FYI: Even those of use with modems and connections, use the SD card daily to get data to OSCAR. OSCAR is great! MyAir is not worth looking at unless you are happy with summary data only.

I think it is only useful for those that have compliance requirements. So, it helps organizations tracking your use and summary numbers. Nothing to help you customize your treatment.

Did I say “OSCAR is great!”
Lolabove
-- Bill
Struggling to keep the air moving like everyone else …  ?

Standard Disclaimer:
I'm just a CPAP user like you. I can't give medical advice. 
  Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-11-2022, 10:53 PM)B1Sailor Wrote: I don’t think they changed the software so the menu would not show if you have a modem or not. If it does not, it will just not connect.

You can look at the IC number on the sticker on the back of the machine. If it ends with 4G, then you have a 4G modem.

Also, when you first turn off the machine you see the little snow flake in the upper right-hand corner of the display screen. Next to that is a bar graph display of the strength of your cell phone connection. If there's no cell phone connection you'll see a circle with a slash through it instead of the bar graph.
Sleepster

Post Reply Post Reply
(11-12-2022, 10:46 AM)Sleepster Wrote: You can look at the IC number on the sticker on the back of the machine. If it ends with 4G, then you have a 4G modem.

I checked because I had hoped for confirmation that mine was 4G. But I know mine has modem and reports to the DME provider. They have discussed results. 

But mine does not end in 4G. I have both a IC number and FCC number. Both have 5 characters followed by dash and then AIR11M1.  Nothing shows a 3Gor 4G anywhere. 

Any ideas: Model 1 or Mod 1? One implies a change.
-- Bill
Struggling to keep the air moving like everyone else …  ?

Standard Disclaimer:
I'm just a CPAP user like you. I can't give medical advice. 
  Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Suggested Settings Switching AirSense 10 CPAP to AirSense 11 APAP Rickyricardo 0 28 2 hours ago
Last Post: Rickyricardo
  [CPAP] buying a CPAP from the US for use in Australia. scottie199 103 32,859 02-22-2024, 06:32 PM
Last Post: DB10
  REBATE on your Electricity bill [Australia] libster 0 190 02-05-2024, 07:27 PM
Last Post: libster
  Need Input on AirSense 10 vs AirSense 11 b4 Ordering New CPAP mdmarmd 13 2,342 01-14-2024, 04:11 PM
Last Post: scowell
  [Equipment] Need help choosing between Airsense 10 C2C or regular Airsense 10/11 dabrat76 10 1,696 03-16-2023, 08:20 AM
Last Post: dabrat76
  Airsense 11: SmartStart is Off, but Airsense keeps turning on by itself kklein 4 3,639 03-09-2023, 08:34 PM
Last Post: kklein
  ResMed Airsense 10 pulsing in Australia using 240v - Normal use is 110v is US cornishpd 11 1,557 12-01-2022, 10:18 PM
Last Post: cornishpd

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.