Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Airfit f20 suddenly started whistling
Airfit f20 suddenly started whistling
Hi everyone  I'm brand new to the forum but I am actually A RPSGT. I've been using CPAP for about a year but have suffered with OSA for 20 years or more. I have always used the Dreamstation and the AirFit F20 with absolutely no problems. My mask is only about 2 weeks old but has never given me any trouble. Last night I put my mask on laid down and turned on my machine. I noticed a slight whistle when I exhaled or held my breath. It seemed to stop during my inhalation which to me seemed to indicate a problem in the vents. I took the mask apart and inspected the vents and didn't see anything so I used a blow dryer to dry up any moisture that may have been in the mask or vents. Neither seemed to make any difference  I could not sleep through the whistling so for the first time in a long time I had to sleep without my mask. I think I slept about an hour and I'm exhausted. 

Any ideas on how to what could be causing it? 

P. S. There are no tears in the silicone seal or visible problems with the mask or hose.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Airfit f20 suddenly started whistling
I you sure the whistle was coming from the mask? Reason I ask is I had a problem with the Dreamstation putting out a whistle from the humidifier hose connection before.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
Yea I actually checked that too. I read about it whistling there as well as the filter slot but this is definitely in the quick release elbow
Post Reply Post Reply
If it's coming from the elbow I'm wondering if it might be the new diffuser is been knocked off alignment or some moisture got trapped under the diffuser.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Introducing the ResMed AirFit F40 MrIvanDrago 48 3,065 1 hour ago
Last Post: Domino96
  Suddenly my Centrals got a lot more disruptive tcinoz 64 1,795 03-26-2024, 07:24 AM
Last Post: tcinoz
  AirFit F30i Mask Problem OldTeacher 22 4,563 03-23-2024, 03:23 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  Recently started CPAP -- very high proportion of Clear Airway Events matt2 0 118 03-17-2024, 02:48 PM
Last Post: matt2
  AirFit F20 Irritating Nose Bridge SavvApnea 40 6,971 03-10-2024, 01:38 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  [Equipment] Loud noise from AirFit F20 mask SleepyLuke 2 1,603 03-04-2024, 12:38 AM
Last Post: SleepyLuke
Question [Symptoms] New CPAP User, Started Snoring Again heyou 30 1,591 03-02-2024, 11:00 AM
Last Post: heyou

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.