Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[split] Help With ResMed S8
[split] Help With ResMed S8
I need help adjusting my RESMED S8

I own 2 of them , and they both act the same way
They work perfectly most of the night , until an
apnea event comes... they pressure up to stop the
event but don't go back into gentle BI_LEVEL mode
I just got a new one with only 126 hours on it, my
old one has 16,000 hours on it, and they both do it.
My old single stage respironics machines did this too
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Please respond to this forum or countofmontecrisco58@gmail.com

The old machine does it too, but if I blow real hard about 10 times
on exhale, the machine ramps back down to normal breathing mode
again.... the VPAP machine wont correct that way, the Escape 2 will.

Moderator: The above paragraph * moved from the other thread you posted in.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: [split] Help With ResMed S8
Hi matsllinger, and welcome to Apnea Board. I've put your post in a new thread so hopefully someone will be able to see your question here and answer it.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Based on your profile, you are using your S8 in CPAP mode at a pressure of 9.0. A CPAP does not increase pressure to resolve an event, but maintains a constant pressure. If you are using an S8 Autoset in auto mode, what are your settings. Both CPAP and Autoset can provide exhale pressure relief (EPR) up to 3 cm. Perhaps you have EPR setup differently between the two machines, or that function has a defect. A third possibility is you are using a S8 VPAP. It would help if you could either accurately describe your machine and settings, or provide some information on how you know the machine is changing pressure.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
G'day matslinger. Welcome to Apnea Board.

As Sleeprider said, we need to know exactly which machine(s) you're using. Reading between the lines, I think you have a Resmed S8 Escape and a Resmed S8 VPAP. Can you confirm that for us, and also which model VPAP you're using.

The Escape is a fixed pressure machine. It has no bilevel capability, just blows a constant preset pressure all night. The slightly later Escape II had EPR - expiration pressure relief) which lowered pressure slightly as you exhale.

As I understand it there were several different S8 VPAP models, with differing capabilities. So we need to know exactly which model you have.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Split night sleep study Bwanajohn51 0 62 03-20-2024, 01:07 PM
Last Post: Bwanajohn51
  [split] Doctor won't help improve Vauto settings JohnCondor 7 521 02-19-2024, 04:20 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [split] Central and Complex apneas with CPAP JohnCondor 3 276 02-16-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [split]Innisfree - Therapy Thread Innisfree 1 232 01-09-2024, 07:56 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [split] Need help with Clear Airway Events. rizlah 11 870 09-12-2023, 01:30 AM
Last Post: rizlah
  [split] GoodSleepHunting Therapy Thrapy Thread GoodSleepHunting 3 437 09-08-2023, 08:36 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [split] Wellue O2Ring Questions NelsonM 4 538 07-05-2023, 09:47 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.