Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Airsense 10 Autoset For Her - Modes
Question 
Airsense 10 Autoset For Her - Modes
Can anyone tell me the names and descriptions of the additional modes this machine has compared to the standard Autoset unit?  I just had a DME person tell me that the two machines are identical except for the Floral pattern on the 'For Her'.  When I asked who told her that, she said "Our Rep".  I don't know who this Rep is affiliated with, but it could be with either Resmed or Lincare.  This is a local DME. with affiliation to Lincare.  Apparently, they don't carry both versions, because they don't think there is any real difference.

She asked what the additional modes are, and I don't know.

TIA
A.Becker
PAPing in NE Ohio, with a pack of Cairn terriers
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Airsense 10 Autoset For Her - Modes
The standard black one has two modes

CPAP

AUTOSET

the for her has both of the above and the 

AUTOSET FOR HER mode
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks JasW,

Do you know anything about how the two AUTOSET modes differ?
A.Becker
Post Reply Post Reply
becker44a, have a look at the ResMed website.  They show a graph of the difference between the Autoset and Autoset For Her model.
https://www.resmed.com/us/en/healthcare-...r-her.html
Scroll down to where is says "A gender specific algorithm"

Looks like the algorithm is a little less aggressive with the For Her setting
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
The "For Her" option works on pressures at and below 10 cm. It appears to soften the pressure change even more than normal,
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks all  -  that's what I needed to know.
A.Becker
Post Reply Post Reply
We need more work on our CPAP Algorithms wiki but we cover the For Her pretty good http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...Algorithms
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 44 1,290 04-05-2024, 08:17 AM
Last Post: Pawpri
Question Difference between Vauto and S modes PeaceLoveAndPizza 10 1,331 04-02-2024, 04:45 AM
Last Post: baolitoumu
  Need help with Airsense 10 AutoSet JonUK 2 187 03-25-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: JonUK
  [Equipment] Should I turn on the AB Filter option on my AirSense 10 AutoSet for these filters? cLoo 10 979 03-22-2024, 01:34 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  Switching from Dreamstation 1 to AirSense II autoset jed3 2 204 03-21-2024, 07:39 AM
Last Post: jed3
  ResMed Airsense 10 AutoSet and Oscar Bucktilley 4 262 03-05-2024, 04:41 PM
Last Post: Bucktilley
  Dreamstation II -> AirSense 11 AutoSet todivefor 10 706 02-23-2024, 04:15 PM
Last Post: drwoodr

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.