Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Airsense 10 & Central Apnea Detections
RE: Airsense 10 & Central Apnea Detections
(04-19-2015, 12:47 PM)justMongo Wrote:
(04-19-2015, 11:53 AM)trwolf0901 Wrote: I'd offer to post some charts, but apparently my 200 Kb attachment limit would require me to delete my other info first...

Best way to post image files is to open a free account on a site like photobucket under a nom de plume.

Upload is just a drag and drop. You put the URL for the image between HTML IMG tags.

[IMG]...[/IMG]

Keeps them off the forums servers; and permits more data to be displayed than by attachment.

Great to know! I assume a Google Drive option might work too...
Now what do you want to see in the chart? I suspect all 8 hours in one chart is too dense. So perhaps the 1 minute view of a CA with Flow?
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-19-2015, 12:58 PM)trwolf0901 Wrote:
(04-19-2015, 12:47 PM)justMongo Wrote:
(04-19-2015, 11:53 AM)trwolf0901 Wrote: I'd offer to post some charts, but apparently my 200 Kb attachment limit would require me to delete my other info first...

Best way to post image files is to open a free account on a site like photobucket under a nom de plume.

Upload is just a drag and drop. You put the URL for the image between HTML IMG tags.

[IMG]...[/IMG]

Keeps them off the forums servers; and permits more data to be displayed than by attachment.

Great to know! I assume a Google Drive option might work too...
Now what do you want to see in the chart? I suspect all 8 hours in one chart is too dense. So perhaps the 1 minute view of a CA with Flow?

Apparently, I haven't posted enough times yet to post images? I got some error telling me I only posted 6 of the 8 minimum? It also won't let me post links, but I'm trying anyway ;-)

"You cannot post clickable links to this forum threads and posts. Minimum post count is 8 posts. But your post count is just 6 posts.
You are not allowed to post links in this forum."

ttps://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_UXoYylPH8rRkEzTTAyYnpLN2c&authuser=0
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-19-2015, 11:16 AM)trwolf0901 Wrote: As low as my AHI is I'm not complaining, but should I be concerned about the Central Apneas?

Strictly speaking the machines don't detect "Central Apneas", all they can tell is that your breathing stopped while there was no obstruction in your airway. The "CA" stands for "Clear Airway", not "Central Apnea".

The only way to be sure that a CA event is a true Central Apnea is with a set of electrodes on your head which usually means a full sleep study.

A night on an Oxymeter will tell you if your CA events are associated with low levels in oxygen in your bloodstream. If they are so associated then you need better treatment if there are too many of them.

My AHI has always been low since I started APAP, but an overnight oxymetry nevertheless showed my oxygen levels below 85 for most of the night. So they added suplementary oxygen into the mix.

Ed Seedhouse
VA7SDH

Part cow since February 2018.

Trust your mind less and your brain more.

Post Reply Post Reply
(04-19-2015, 01:23 PM)eseedhouse Wrote:
(04-19-2015, 11:16 AM)trwolf0901 Wrote: As low as my AHI is I'm not complaining, but should I be concerned about the Central Apneas?

Strictly speaking the machines don't detect "Central Apneas", all they can tell is that your breathing stopped while there was no obstruction in your airway. The "CA" stands for "Clear Airway", not "Central Apnea".

The only way to be sure that a CA event is a true Central Apnea is with a set of electrodes on your head which usually means a full sleep study.

A night on an Oxymeter will tell you if your CA events are associated with low levels in oxygen in your bloodstream. If they are so associated then you need better treatment if there are too many of them.

My AHI has always been low since I started APAP, but an overnight oxymetry nevertheless showed my oxygen levels below 85 for most of the night. So they added suplementary oxygen into the mix.

Great point and thanks for the reply! I have a Pulse-Oximeter that I use on occasion for overnight monitoring. I've never had low O2 readings in any of my tests. I'm typically above 93 Basal SPO2%, without fail. Yet I've had others try it and get lower overnight readings, so it's not a bad device ;-)
Post Reply Post Reply
Here is my chart and stats for 6/17/2015. Now we see if I can post pictures...

[Image: open?id=0B_UXoYylPH8rMER3NFp2UWJNS2c&authuser=0]

[Image: open?id=0B_UXoYylPH8rN1c4dlA5dk90Z2s&authuser=0]
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Central while on ASV Boodmaster 11 2,513 03-26-2024, 02:37 AM
Last Post: Boodmaster
  [Treatment] Clear airway / central apnea events -- causes and solutions? mitzvahtime 6 2,397 03-25-2024, 04:10 PM
Last Post: Jay51
  Invisalign to help sleep apnea and dental extractions as a cause of sleep apnea SingleH 10 609 03-24-2024, 07:00 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  please help me make sense of my central apneas p4ncaketim 23 538 03-24-2024, 06:21 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Fixing (CPAP-induced?) central apneas Franko39 17 855 03-21-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: Franko39
  Central Sleeping Apnea treatment ivan007 5 211 03-21-2024, 12:52 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Central events while falling asleep michaelyu15 7 265 03-20-2024, 06:22 PM
Last Post: michaelyu15

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.