Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

DreamStation GO noise
DreamStation GO noise
Hi everyone, recently I have bought a new Dreamstation GO for traveling purpose and use it with AirFit P10.
My daily use machine Resmed AirSense 10. There is quite a noticeable difference in noise level I should say. 
Is anybody found some way to reduce it? Mostly I hear noise coming from air hose not from machine itself (which is also a bit noisy).
Could it be that some other mask more quiet for this machine?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: DreamStation GO noise
I have the same setup, but hadn’t really noticed it as I use a white noise generator while I sleep. As a test I tried my Resmed P10 as well as a few of my alternate masks with the Dreamstation GO, a Resmed N20 and a F30I and it was just as loud with a significant amount of air noise emanating from the hose and not the Cpap. I also tried a larger diameter hose (15mm) thinking maybe the travel hose (12mm) was responsible for the added noise, however it didn’t make a difference. As a last test, I tried removing the humidifier however there was no difference in noise level. I tried my Resmed Aircurve 10 VAuto with a P10 and there is a slight noise from the machine itself, however no “air” noise coming from the hose like the Dreamstation Go. I picked up my Dreamstation Go last Fall and have only used it a handful of times while on travel. I have stopped using it as it was identified in the recent recall.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-05-2021, 11:17 PM)SleepinAZ Wrote: I have the same setup, but hadn’t really noticed it as I use a white noise generator while I sleep. As a test I tried my Resmed P10 as well as a few of my alternate masks with the Dreamstation GO, a Resmed N20 and a F30I and it was just as loud with a significant amount of air noise emanating from the hose and not the Cpap.  I also tried a larger diameter hose (15mm)  thinking maybe the travel hose (12mm) was responsible for the added noise, however it didn’t make a difference. As a last test, I tried removing the humidifier however there was no difference in noise level.  I tried my Resmed Aircurve 10 VAuto with a P10 and there is a slight noise from the machine itself, however no “air” noise coming from the hose like the Dreamstation Go. I picked up my Dreamstation Go last Fall and have only used it a handful of times while on travel. I have stopped using it as it was identified in the recent recall.

Thanks for your response. I didn't hear about Dreamstation Go recall. What is it about?
Post Reply Post Reply
The Go has the same foam the main Dreamstation cpap has. That said, its just a little "J" curve as you can see by the photo. 
I removed the abatement foam in my main Dreamstation but cut from inside and have basically stuffed it up until I can insert a replacement blower casing. But, not to worry, I have removed the very small bit of foam from the "Go" with no cuts etc- just a lot of little screws to take out and put back in. The Go has no become my main unit. I only has 200 hours on it so its relatively new.

I have mine on the carpet beside my bed using the 12mm line and I find the sound more than acceptable. Yes, it isn't as quiet but at least it will not slowly potentially kill my like a unit filled with foam off gassing. "Swings and roundabouts"

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Great info on the foam removal for the Go Dafod, thanks. My Go has low hours as well and it is good to know that removal of the foam can be performed without cutting, or modifying anything.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Airmini noise question sfr79 38 20,260 03-20-2024, 09:22 PM
Last Post: Blausser
Video [Equipment] Resmed AS10 Water Chamber Noise SOLUTION fixed it 0 88 03-18-2024, 12:36 PM
Last Post: fixed it
  Breas Z2 - mask question/air noise sallym 0 142 03-07-2024, 04:17 PM
Last Post: sallym
  [Equipment] Loud noise from AirFit F20 mask SleepyLuke 2 1,603 03-04-2024, 12:38 AM
Last Post: SleepyLuke
  [CPAP] Resmed airmini noise NYKP44 0 356 02-09-2024, 01:27 PM
Last Post: NYKP44
Question Resmed Autoset 10 buzzing noise - what now? mogulman 8 594 01-16-2024, 11:42 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  [Equipment] Airsense 10 Noise tblaster 4 344 01-15-2024, 10:44 AM
Last Post: tblaster

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.