Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Airsense 10 - What spare parts to keep on hand?
Airsense 10 - What spare parts to keep on hand?
I've been seeing a lot of "leaking water chamber" information for AireSense 10's, but that information looks old and I also would never run a water chamber  through a dishwasher (if that may have been a part of the failure information I'm seeing).    I'm assuming I should order 1 extra water chamber, to keepa spare on hand.   Should I keep 2 spares on hand?

I'm also assuming that I should keep 2 new heated tube spares on hand, in case of a failure (I did have a Dreamstation H15 tube fail where it stopped being identified as a H15 type, and was just being identified as a non-heated 15 type once).   Otherwise I've been going a year between changing Dreamstation H15 heated tubes w/ no issues.   What I've noticed with Dreamstation H15 tubes, is that around the 1 year mark, the end will loosen up enough where it may no longer get a firm grip on a mask connection.

Aside from water chamber and heated tube spares, are there any other spare parts that I should keep on hand (other than filters)?

Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Airsense 10 - What spare parts to keep on hand?
Safe to presume that you already have a decent UPS protecting your power supply ?
Post Reply Post Reply
My insurance paid for a 'Premium package', so I have both styles of water tank. Coming up on six years, one of the tanks is still in its box. The other has never been a problem.

As for the Climateline hose, I am on my third, and am now of the suspicion that the problem is inside the box - the flex sheet that caries power to the connector. Which has been re-designed in the AS11 to not need a flex cable.

I do have the advantage of living in a big city, within walking distance of my multiple outlet DME, so getting replacement parts would not be a problem.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
I got my Airsense 10 almost exactly 1 year ago--had a PR 560. Made me a little nervous the first 6 months. Changed out everything then So I had backup, and I am glad I did this, even though I needed only the AirTouch cushions. Within a few months my connector between the mask and hose broke so I had a spare. Next one magnetic clip to hold the mask on broke. At that point I changed all the mask parts except hose and tank--I am changing these today after a year's use--they will be kept as spares. If they hold up like their PR counterparts I won't need to replace them for a long time.
Post Reply Post Reply
I keep
a spare standard tube.
a spare complete mask.
a spare humid chamber.
I also keep a spare full face mask if I get sick.
I have a battery pack as well.

I have lots of other normal things like cushions and filters.
Thank you,
Brent aka Factor

Just a Regular guy.
My untreated AHI was 87.  You can do it hang in there.
"You can if you will"   Jerry Kramer

Got OSCAR?
Organize Charts
Optimizing Therapy

My Story
Post Reply Post Reply
I think best case is to have at least 2 of everything, mask and all parts, hose, humidifier tub, filters, and then at least the one full power supply, but it can't hurt to think about even having a backup for this too. 1 of each that you're using and then a spare to sit ready. And eventually even to the place where you even have your old PAP as backup while using the newer one.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks.  I do have a good UPS and a whole home surge suppressor attached to my breaker panel actually.

I don't get insurance at all right now for CPAP machines or supplies.   10 years ago I got extremely fed up with the Medical Supply company I was assigned to and had no choice over.  I asked my MD if he could write me a CPAP machine script (he had the sleep lab results forwarded to him).  He had no problem with that.  I uploaded my prescription to an online vendor who to this day insists it's a lifetime prescription.

I've been completely on my own for 10 years now, and for the last 5 using an Auto CPAP mode.   I have never been able to figure out how to get insurance reinbursment on my own, and get a bad insurance company run-around every time I try.   It never seemed like that much of a deal before, where the last Dreamstation I ordered was only $450 when I ordered it.

The near $1000 price tag on the AirSense 10 unit is causing me to re-think this, but I am lost at figuring out how to get insurance to pay while being completely on my own.
Post Reply Post Reply
It's now been over three years for me on CPAP. I'm still using the original water reservoir that came with my machine.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks.   I went 4 years on the same Dreamstation water tank.  But, while researching the AirSense 10, I saw a lot of information from 2 to 4 years back about people that had water tanks that would start leaking under pressure.   Maybe that's just a very small defect rate from the past.  Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
Not sure what happened to my post above that was partially cut off. 

Anyways, it's good to have a spare hose and a spare mask on hand as well. The filters for the machine can be easily washed and reused. Some hot water, a drop or two of dish soap, a gentle finger massage, and then rinse. Pat dry with a paper towel and they'll air dry 100% within 15-20 min. or so. 

It is good though, to have a few extra on hand as well. But.....really no need to toss um after a month or so.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Suggested Settings Switching AirSense 10 CPAP to AirSense 11 APAP Rickyricardo 2 86 Yesterday, 11:58 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Need parts for Resmed Astral 150 PappaJoe 2 164 04-03-2024, 10:36 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  [CPAP] Just bought a second hand bilevel, hoping for some help with titration? JohnnyLarueBathrobe 8 332 03-01-2024, 02:31 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Need Input on AirSense 10 vs AirSense 11 b4 Ordering New CPAP mdmarmd 13 2,346 01-14-2024, 04:11 PM
Last Post: scowell
  Internal cpap repair parts mzipp 8 5,668 08-10-2023, 05:29 PM
Last Post: sms832
  [Equipment] Need help choosing between Airsense 10 C2C or regular Airsense 10/11 dabrat76 10 1,699 03-16-2023, 08:20 AM
Last Post: dabrat76
  Airsense 11: SmartStart is Off, but Airsense keeps turning on by itself kklein 4 3,645 03-09-2023, 08:34 PM
Last Post: kklein

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.