Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Airsense 10 Autoset with ClimateLine heated hose - water in hose
Airsense 10 Autoset with ClimateLine heated hose - water in hose
I have an Airsense 10 Autoset unit with the ClimateLine heated hose. It's been under a month since I've started the treatment so I'm still a rookie yet, and it's been a challenge in a few areas. The machine seems to be working well, I have had my share of issues with the F10 mask I've been using, but I ordered an F20 mask with the Infinity cushion and an optional memory foam cushion, so I'll be testing those this weekend. Hopefully one of those will solve the leaks I have been getting with the F10 at higher pressures. I still get awakened by the F10 mask leaking and vibrating or blowing cold air at my eyes. If I can get that solved I'll really start to sleep better Smile

Pressure was initially setup to 6-20 and the ramp was set to on (starting at 4). I couldn't stand the suffocating air feeling when I would first put the mask on so I disabled the ramp and later when I went over the pressure graphs with the technician we decided to raise my starting pressure to 9 as I usually run at 10 with peaks of 15 to 17. That definitely made wearing the mask easier and I didn't have to worry if I needed to get up during the night that the machine would reset and start out at a too low pressure again. 

Now on to my question. I did not like the auto setting for the hose temp. Hose temperature and climate were set to auto. As I understand from the clinician manual, this is 80 degrees F and 80% humidity. That felt too tropical for me, so the tech suggested reducing the temperature. I set the hose temperature to 75 F and left the climate at auto. I understood from the manual that this should guarantee no water in the hose, as long as the setting for climate was set to auto. I thought I had a little water in the corner of my mask the next morning, but I didn't think too much of it. The next night when I took a breath to wake up the machine, it sounded like the hose being drawn over an edge of a counter. I discovered that there was water in the hose causing the noise whenever I took a breath. That surprised me as I thought it should have been impossible to get into that state with the setting set to auto for climate. I removed the hose, drained it by hanging it, and then set the climate to manual. The default that was listed was 4, and I reduced that to 2. I let the machine blow a few good blasts to dry the hose, and there was no more water in it after that. But I did notice, even though I was breathing through my nose all night, that my throat felt dry later in the early morning hours. I'm sure this is because of the lowered humidity setting. This morning I raised the humidity setting to 3 but I have not yet tried it. I'll see what happens tonight. 

The bigger question is, how did the ClimateLine hose get water in it when the climate setting was set to automatic and I have the heated hose? I was sure that should be managed automatically so that there could never be more water in the hose air than the air temperature could handle? I can raise the hose temperature again but I am enjoying the cooler air now. My bedroom is air conditioned and I keep it at 70 degrees F, so there isn't a lot of humidity in the air. I know that the humidifier reservoir is clean and I didn't overfill it. I've been using only distilled water as my technician advised me to do.

Can anyone shed any light on what happened and let me know any advice on what I'm trying to do?

Thanks in advance Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Airsense 10 Autoset with ClimateLine heated hose - water in hose
I can't answer the why since the setting on Auto should have taken care of the rainout but as an additional measure I would get a hose cover from one of the suppliers on the forum list above or as some do you can make one. There are various threads where this is discussed if you search for hose cover.
Coffee

Happy Pappin'
Never Give In, Never Give Up

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. 
Post Reply Post Reply
I know you said you did not overfill your reservoir...but I simply can't think of anything else causing this. It sounds like you did everything else right. Is your machine placed higher or lower than the level where your head is? Ideally you would want the machine to be lower down than the level of your head.
Post Reply Post Reply
I keep my home around 68 and have a Aircurve vAuto with climate set on auto.
I have never experienced rainout any season of the year.

Is the hose itself actually working ie heat?
Maybe not actually heating?
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Electric Dreamer,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Good luck to you with CPAP therapy, hang in there for more responses to your post.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 26 497 6 hours ago
Last Post: Pawpri
  Need help with Airsense 10 AutoSet JonUK 2 125 03-25-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: JonUK
  [Equipment] Should I turn on the AB Filter option on my AirSense 10 AutoSet for these filters? cLoo 10 845 03-22-2024, 01:34 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  Switching from Dreamstation 1 to AirSense II autoset jed3 2 169 03-21-2024, 07:39 AM
Last Post: jed3
  Not using water in AirSense 10 Elite Nishimark 2 96 03-21-2024, 12:47 AM
Last Post: Nishimark
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 621 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
Video [Equipment] Resmed AS10 Water Chamber Noise SOLUTION fixed it 0 90 03-18-2024, 12:36 PM
Last Post: fixed it

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.