Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Airsense 10 beeping at me
Airsense 10 beeping at me
I have been on CPAP for about 10 years but just got a new machine last week. It's a Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset. For some reason, in the middle of the night about 3am it will beep at me 3 times and then stop. It wakes me up and then I can't get back to sleep for a while. It only does this one time and then I am OK for the rest of the night. I am trying to figure out what is causing this, so I can turn it off.

Any ideas?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Airsense 10 beeping at me
I have the exact same machine and I have never had this happen. I would check with the dealer.  How many nights has this happened?
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-16-2017, 09:23 AM)saskatoonie Wrote: I have the exact same machine and I have never had this happen. I would check with the dealer.  How many nights has this happened?

Every night for about the last week. I've had it for a week. I wonder if it is transmitting data to the doctor
Post Reply Post Reply
I would contact the seller, there is nothing in the clinician manual about any beeps, to I think it is some kind of failure alarm. OR are you sure you do not have a watch alarm set that is going off? or a cell phone beep? It is very hard to locate those beep sounds because of the short sudden duration.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-16-2017, 09:42 AM)TASmart Wrote: I would contact the seller, there is nothing in the clinician manual about any beeps, to I think it is some kind of failure alarm. OR are you sure you do not have a watch alarm set that is going off? or a cell phone beep? It is very hard to locate those beep sounds because of the short sudden duration.

This just started since I got my new machine and it only does it once during the night and then it's OK the rest of the night. I am wondering if it's trying to transmit some compliance data to the doctor or DME. I am waiting for the DME to call me back so I can find that out if they have it set up to send in the middle of the night. I will turn off my cell phone tonight just to make sure, although I don't think that is it.
Post Reply Post Reply
Have you checked to see if any alarm options has been set? They are located in the Clinician menu.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-16-2017, 10:09 AM)Crimson Nape Wrote: Have you checked to see if any alarm options has been set?  They are located in the Clinician menu.

Yes, I have checked the Clinician menu and the clinical manual and I did not see any indication of any alarms or alerts that can be turned on or off
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-16-2017, 10:07 AM)GregInAtl Wrote:
(06-16-2017, 09:42 AM)TASmart Wrote: I would contact the seller, there is nothing in the clinician manual about any beeps, to I think it is some kind of failure alarm. OR are you sure you do not have a watch alarm set that is going off? or a cell phone beep? It is very hard to locate those beep sounds because of the short sudden duration.

This just started since I got my new machine and it only does it once during the night and then it's OK the rest of the night. I am wondering if it's trying to transmit some compliance data to the doctor or DME. I am waiting for the DME to call me back so I can find that out if they have it set up to send in the middle of the night. I will turn off my cell phone tonight just to make sure, although I don't think that is it.

Mine makes no sounds when transmitting compliance data. Contact the seller.
Post Reply Post Reply
I am on year 3 with the A10 and have never heard any beeps or alarms from the unit. I would return it .
Coffee

Happy Pappin'
Never Give In, Never Give Up

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. 
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-16-2017, 10:07 AM)GregInAtl Wrote: This just started since I got my new machine and it only does it once during the night and then it's OK the rest of the night. I am wondering if it's trying to transmit some compliance data to the doctor or DME. I am waiting for the DME to call me back so I can find that out if they have it set up to send in the middle of the night. I will turn off my cell phone tonight just to make sure, although I don't think that is it.

The unit rolls over to a new day and creates a new date folder on the SD card at noon.
Normally, mine will transmit compliance data a couple of hours after I stop using it, but I'm curious what it might do if the day rollover happens during use?

Double check your system date and time and make sure it is correct.  While there is no need to change it for time zones or DST as you travel.  You can, it doesn't hurt, but it doesn't help other than to properly align times on the charts...  but if your machine is set to GMT+4 (Russian Zone-3?) that would put noon on the machine at 3am EDT.   Not sure if that would do anything or not.
-- Rich
Links to Download OSCAR here
OSCAR Installation and Setup

Using Attachments to Post Images on Apnea Board

INFORMATION ON FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 613 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  Need Input on AirSense 10 vs AirSense 11 b4 Ordering New CPAP mdmarmd 13 2,183 01-14-2024, 04:11 PM
Last Post: scowell
  Airsense 11 beeping?? Apneastricken 11 4,506 05-23-2023, 01:41 PM
Last Post: smalone
  [Equipment] Need help choosing between Airsense 10 C2C or regular Airsense 10/11 dabrat76 10 1,625 03-16-2023, 08:20 AM
Last Post: dabrat76
  Airsense 11: SmartStart is Off, but Airsense keeps turning on by itself kklein 4 3,482 03-09-2023, 08:34 PM
Last Post: kklein
  DOWNLOADING DATA FROM AIRSENSE 10 to AIRSENSE 11 Sleepyguy39 1 1,114 10-21-2022, 07:24 PM
Last Post: pholynyk
Question [CPAP] Airsense 10 without wireless vs Airsense 11 sleepysurgeon 12 3,407 07-14-2022, 08:30 AM
Last Post: Horseshoez

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.