Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Airsense 10 - can I turn off automatic adjustment?
I've read of some people having better results from a non-auto adjusting CPAP and I'd like to experiment with that a bit. Is it possible to disable automatic pressure adjustment on my Airsense 10 and hard set the pressure?
Yes, just go into the clinicial/providers menu and select CPAP mode instead of Auto, then set your pressure.
Order your Clinicians Manual here:
http://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-pr...tup-manual

(06-01-2016, 04:51 PM)samhandwich Wrote: I've read of some people having better results from a non-auto adjusting CPAP and I'd like to experiment with that a bit. Is it possible to disable automatic pressure adjustment on my Airsense 10 and hard set the pressure?

Possible, yes. But why? What is it set to now? It's usually better to narrow the range of pressures rather than set it on a single fixed pressure.
Sleepster
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Really two reasons:
1. I want to get a travel CPAP because I camp a lot and non-auto models are cheaper, so if I those work for me I might go that route.
2. I've read some people saying constant pressure worked better for them and wanted to try it out.

That said, how would you determine the correct "narrow range?"
If you want to narrow your range...look at your 90% pressure number in SleepyHead. You can set a minimum pressure at 1 to 2cm below that number and set the max pressure 1 to 2cm above the 90% number.

Or if your determined to try straight cpap, then you can set it at CPAP mode at your 90% pressure.

Or, you can keep the machine in Auto Mode, and set the Minimum and Max pressure the same at your 90% number. Example: If your 90% number is 10, set in APAP mode 10minimum-10max.

If you are experimenting, then know that you should leave the pressure setting alone for no less than a week to 10 days.
Post some screen shots from SleepyHead.

Instructions here ... http://sleep.tnet.com/resources/sleepyhead/shorganize

And here ... http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...4#pid65514
Sleepster
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Hi samhandwich,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Much success to you with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] CPAP to Apap adjustment Counting sheep 6 197 01-10-2017, 09:12 PM
Last Post: Counting sheep
  AirSense 10 For Her for a Guy ac110 3 447 12-12-2016, 07:41 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Turn my pressure back up? duece12345 5 279 12-07-2016, 12:47 PM
Last Post: duece12345
  [Pressure] new airsense 10 new at this abrun7 7 673 11-19-2016, 02:12 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  Resmed Airsense 10 CPAP data versus Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset data David P. 4 798 10-29-2016, 08:42 PM
Last Post: trish6hundred
  [CPAP]  Adjustment jmleon 13 606 10-28-2016, 09:12 PM
Last Post: chill
  [Equipment] Adjustment issues plumblossom 14 745 09-24-2016, 11:59 AM
Last Post: chill