Mask Type: Nasal mask
Mask Make & Model: Wisp and DreamWear
Humidifier: AirSense
CPAP Pressure: 6-18
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead

Other Comments:

Sex: Female

Airsense 10 enquiry
Ok, so...I've had my airsense 10 for almost a year and I "thought" it was working fine. However, recently, for some unknown reason, the water chamber was leaking water into the machine. I have found no cracks, nothing, vigorous shaking hasn't produced a leak...but anyway, the machine cracked a wobbly, so, I opened the heating element part up. It was soaking wet. After carefully drying it out and paying for express postage on a brand new chamber...I put it back together and it's working again but with a major difference and I'm a bit unsure of it now. When I wake up in the morning, the heating pad is still warm and the water in the chamber is still warm. Is this normal ? Because before, the heat pad and water weren't warm at all. I haven't changed any settings. So I'm guessing that it is normal but my machine wasn't working properly to start with. So it stays warm all night until you turn the machine off. Also, on my S9 I used the pass-over method, I didn't use the heat but still had the climateline attached. Can I do that on this machine. I've tried turning the hose temperature to 0 but the machine still shows the warming up. It's very odd - oh and just one more thing...smart start....it starts when I start breathing into machine but it's supposed to stop when I take mask off it doesn't - or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks for any info regarding the heating pad coz I'm a bit worried now
(This post was last modified: 09-28-2016 11:27 PM by weeble.)
09-28-2016 10:54 PM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
srlevine1 Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: ResMed Airsense Autoset (S10)
Mask Make & Model: ResMed Mirage Activa LT
Humidifier: Internal to S10
CPAP Pressure: 12-15.6
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead Other Software

Other Comments:

Sex: Male

RE: Airsense 10 enquiry
Depending on your settings, it is normal for the water and heating plate to be warm -- hence the snowflake "cooling" icon at the top of your display panel after machine use.

Yes, you can fill the chamber and use it as a pass-over by setting the "Humidity Level" to "off" and the "Tube Temp" to "off" and do not use the "Run Warmup" option.

Best of luck.

"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
09-28-2016 11:46 PM
weeble Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: Resmed AirSense Autoset For Her S10

Other Comments:

Thank you but yes, I have the heat set to off - yet it is still showing the heating up bars when I switch it on.

and yeah, I understand the cooling down process but as I said, it wasn't warm beforehand when I switched it off. I'm just guessing that it wasn't working properly before it got soaked and somehow I managed to "fix it" when I dried it all out.
Thanks

(09-28-2016 11:46 PM)srlevine1 Wrote:  Depending on your settings, it is normal for the water and heating plate to be warm -- hence the snowflake "cooling" icon at the top of your display panel after machine use.

Yes, you can fill the chamber and use it as a pass-over by setting the "Humidity Level" to "off" and the "Tube Temp" to "off" and do not use the "Run Warmup" option.

Best of luck.
09-28-2016 11:56 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
weeble Offline

Advisory Members

Other Comments:

Ok well, I seem to have managed to stop it from heating - so that's good! Thank you
09-29-2016 12:11 AM
srlevine1 Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: ResMed Airsense Autoset (S10)
Mask Make & Model: ResMed Mirage Activa LT
Humidifier: Internal to S10
CPAP Pressure: 12-15.6
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead Other Software

Other Comments:

Sex: Male

Have you considered a short in the electronics? Since it does require current to run the humidifier, do you have a way to measure the current being drawn?

Will your equipment vendor do a "free" inspection? Or will your physician write a prescription for a system check and get it paid for by the insurance company as you may not be getting the "required therapy?"

"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
09-29-2016 12:39 AM

Donate to Apnea Board
trish6hundred Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: Resmed S9 AutoSet for Her
Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: Fisher & Paykel Simplus
Humidifier: H5i Heated Humidifier
CPAP Pressure: 10 - 7-20 Cm H2O
CPAP Software: Not using software

Other Comments: I started CPAP in 2008. Totally blind since birth.

Hi weeble,
I hope you get your machine problems straightened out.

trish6hundred
09-29-2016 01:03 PM
weeble Offline

Advisory Members

Other Comments:

(09-29-2016 12:39 AM)srlevine1 Wrote:  Have you considered a short in the electronics? Since it does require current to run the humidifier, do you have a way to measure the current being drawn?

Will your equipment vendor do a "free" inspection? Or will your physician write a prescription for a system check and get it paid for by the insurance company as you may not be getting the "required therapy?"

Na...I live in Oz and it's an American machine, all good....I had a nice sleep last night without heating - using the pass-over. But whatever the problem was before I think it was something that had to happen so that I fixed the problem with the heating myself......I honestly now believe the heating is working as it should and so is the turning everything off.

Thanks for your suggestions anyway Shy
09-29-2016 04:44 PM

Donate to Apnea Board

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
Question ResMed AirSense 10 Badjo17 25 2,262 12-02-2016 11:02 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Pressure] new airsense 10 new at this abrun7 7 480 11-19-2016 02:12 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  Been about a week with the AirSense 10 for Her Beej 4 379 11-11-2016 09:30 PM
Last Post: Beej
  1st night on new Airsense 10 for her Beej 7 469 11-02-2016 06:08 PM
Last Post: Beej
  Resmed Airsense 10 CPAP data versus Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset data David P. 4 522 10-29-2016 08:42 PM
Last Post: trish6hundred
  [Equipment] Can a ResMed Airsense 10 for HER be used by a man? Snorzzz 41 3,420 09-20-2016 03:00 PM
Last Post: Snorzzz
  New - ResMed AirSense 10 & F10 for Her FFM Missyowhite 5 624 09-08-2016 08:30 AM
Last Post: Missyowhite