Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Airsense 10 rattle noise
Airsense 10 rattle noise
I am new to CPAP, just 3 weeks in. This morning I was awoken to a loud rattle type noise coming through the tube or mask when I breathe. At first I thought it was the hose rubbing on the bed when I move, but discovered it happens with every breath (maybe exhale). The sound is like something is loose or banging around. It is loud at the mask and hose, not down at the machine, but it could be coming from the machine and radiating through the hose/mask. This is not some mild noise, it is really loud and keeps me from sleeping. It was not present most of the night or ever before this morning.
My humidifier was almost empty of water. Would lack of humidifier water cause the noise? I checked all seals, and everything is ok. Any thoughts appreciated....

lacro
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Airsense 10 rattle noise
Was there water in the tube? Rainout in the tube can cause a rattling or clanging noise. Remove the tube from where it attaches to the back of the machine and see if any water spills out.
Post Reply Post Reply
No water in hose. That's the first thing I checked. I just washed/dried the water chamber and the hose, checked the seals, and made sure the chamber was fully seated. I ran the unit with mask on for 10 minutes. No rattle was heard. I will see what happens tonight.
Post Reply Post Reply
Are you sure there wasn’t any water in the elbow? That sounds like rainout. Occasionally with my heated hose that’s wrapped also I will get condensation in the elbow or mask. The elbow will make that noise also.
Download OSCAR <——— Click
Post Reply Post Reply
Some users of full face masks like the ResMed F20 report their Anti-asphyxiation valve makes noise for some reason. It's within the elbow. Not saying yours is, but it's another possible source of a noise.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
It may have thrown a connecting rod.  Eat-popcorn
Post Reply Post Reply
I experienced that also with the F20 Dave. I forgot about that. It’s weird because my F30 has the same elbow but has never done that.
Download OSCAR <——— Click
Post Reply Post Reply
Big Guy is stealing my lines.

The noise could be from a misbehaving seal I suppose. They tend to bark though.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I too, get an occasional rattling noise. I'm pretty sure it's coming from the quiet elbow.  Too-funny
Post Reply Post Reply
It does sound like a worn wrist pin  Grin
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Airmini noise question sfr79 38 21,208 03-20-2024, 09:22 PM
Last Post: Blausser
Video [Equipment] Resmed AS10 Water Chamber Noise SOLUTION fixed it 0 193 03-18-2024, 12:36 PM
Last Post: fixed it
  Breas Z2 - mask question/air noise sallym 0 218 03-07-2024, 04:17 PM
Last Post: sallym
  [Equipment] Loud noise from AirFit F20 mask SleepyLuke 2 1,718 03-04-2024, 12:38 AM
Last Post: SleepyLuke
  [CPAP] Resmed airmini noise NYKP44 0 429 02-09-2024, 01:27 PM
Last Post: NYKP44
Question Resmed Autoset 10 buzzing noise - what now? mogulman 8 642 01-16-2024, 11:42 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  [Equipment] Airsense 10 Noise tblaster 4 371 01-15-2024, 10:44 AM
Last Post: tblaster

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.