Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Airsense 10 rattle noise
RE: Airsense 10 rattle noise
I just took a closer look at the swivel elbow, and compared it to another new one I have. The ball and socket of the one I have been using is quite loose, and flops around easily. I can move it back and forth in the socket enough to make a little noise. The new one is snug with some resistance in the socket. I will try the new one tonight.

I do get some (a few small droplets) condensation in the hose, but not enough to get water to flow out when disconnected.
Post Reply Post Reply
It doesn't take much for water to make noise. It is the vibration of the wind across the droplets.

Another thing to check is the seal of the humidifier tub. I get a "clack" if I don't put the tub in juuuuuust right. But that's first thing and sometimes later into the night.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
I swapped out the elbow for the one that has a tighter ball socket, and no more noise last night. Not sure if that was the cause or something else, but I will see what happens. Thanks for all the suggestions!
Post Reply Post Reply
Well, that didn't last long. The noise is back with a vengeance! This time it made my wife wake, and she said it sounded like popcorn popping, I concur, it sounds like popcorn. I now think it is actually rain-out as I removed the hose when it made me wake, and drained it as best I could. A small amount of water did come out. After reassembly, the noise stopped. 

So - this morning I checked my heated hose temp, and humidification. Temp was at 83, and humidity at 5. I don't have a tube cover yet. I now upped the temp to 86, and left the humidity at 5. The original when received was at the default 81/4, but I was getting dry mouth so I increased the humidity, and the temp (83/5) as I sleep in a cool room. Any other thoughts on solving rain-out.
Post Reply Post Reply
You might want a hose hanger or other hose management to hold the middle up a bit. Arrange the hose to drain the water back to your CPAP. That is, it may work if your mask is oriented uphill of the machine overall.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Turn your hose temp up to 86. Here’s a chart that tells you what each setting does. https://www.resmed.com/us/dam/documents/...sa_eng.pdf

You also have to take into consideration the temp of your room also. Especially if you like it chilly
Download OSCAR <——— Click
Post Reply Post Reply
I completely missed that you already turned it up. A hose wrap will help but if you room is chilly the wrap still won’t prevent rainout. Found that out first hand
Download OSCAR <——— Click
Post Reply Post Reply
The Resmed 10 series humidifier tank lid/top half can get a slight click sound during inhale and exhale. It seems to slightly lift up (separate) and then come back together.

I don’t use humidification and it still happened to me. One member here used a plastic Home Depot clamp to keep it from moving.

You can test it by squeezing the top and bottom of the tank together to see if that is the sound. The funny thing with mine is that it was quiet at first and only made noise later on during the night.

My fix was easy since I don’t use humidification, I replaced the tank with a side cover.

John
Post Reply Post Reply
Rather than setting at 86/4, I would suggest setting at 86 and auto climate control. That should give max humidity without rainout.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-09-2020, 12:58 PM)Coffee Man Wrote: Rather than setting at 86/4, I would suggest setting at 86 and auto climate control. That should give max humidity without rainout.

Thanks for the suggestion. I will try 86/Auto tonight.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Airmini noise question sfr79 38 21,191 03-20-2024, 09:22 PM
Last Post: Blausser
Video [Equipment] Resmed AS10 Water Chamber Noise SOLUTION fixed it 0 187 03-18-2024, 12:36 PM
Last Post: fixed it
  Breas Z2 - mask question/air noise sallym 0 218 03-07-2024, 04:17 PM
Last Post: sallym
  [Equipment] Loud noise from AirFit F20 mask SleepyLuke 2 1,718 03-04-2024, 12:38 AM
Last Post: SleepyLuke
  [CPAP] Resmed airmini noise NYKP44 0 429 02-09-2024, 01:27 PM
Last Post: NYKP44
Question Resmed Autoset 10 buzzing noise - what now? mogulman 8 640 01-16-2024, 11:42 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  [Equipment] Airsense 10 Noise tblaster 4 367 01-15-2024, 10:44 AM
Last Post: tblaster

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.