Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Airsense 10 seems to have internal air leak
Airsense 10 seems to have internal air leak
Hello,
I have a Resmed Airsense 10 that is 10 months old. Earlier this month I took a road trip from the Seattle area to Portland OR. and since then the machine seems to have a bad leak. This machine has traveled with me to China, NYC and DC so this trip may be a coincidence  It sounds like air is flowing out of the left side near the air filter which is odd. The leak is 17Lmin and is pretty constant. There has been a couple of nights where I have pulled out and put in the humidifier tank many times and been able to stop the leak so that is why the sound coming from the air filter side is so strange. I tried a different humidifier tank (used) and replaced the air filter with no success. 

Has anyone experienced a leak of this sort?
Thank You
Roy
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Airsense 10 seems to have internal air leak
Use a light of some sort to look at the seals where the air enters and leaves the humidifier tank. Perhaps they have been damaged or warped.

I discovered that the entry seal on mine has a dent - long after I had been using it for months. It looks pretty hard to replace:

The seal on the left is dented

Sorry, I haven't figured out how to post pictures... someday?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Airsense 10 seems to have internal air leak
Hi RoyC64,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hopefully, you will get your machine problem resolved, good luck with CPAP therapy, and hang in there for more responses to your post.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mouth leak with new machine LaraM 0 34 Today, 06:41 AM
Last Post: LaraM
  Airsense 10 - AHI account for leak rate? FriedRice 9 242 Yesterday, 06:16 AM
Last Post: FriedRice
  AirSense 10 leak rate baseline issue Phil7 6 1,411 03-25-2024, 05:49 AM
Last Post: FriedRice
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 619 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  Fixed mask leak, but flow limit seems to be increasing AHI emile.leplattenier 3 142 03-19-2024, 11:00 AM
Last Post: staceyburke
  Large leak panic sleepingbetterinFl 3 154 03-19-2024, 07:48 AM
Last Post: sleepingbetterinFl
  Please, need help reading the leak rate and LL info chronic 4 135 03-18-2024, 08:05 AM
Last Post: chronic

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.