Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Airsense AutoSet 10 not logging all sleep hours during night
RE: Airsense AutoSet 10 not logging all sleep hours during night
(10-20-2015, 02:57 PM)Possum Wrote:
(10-20-2015, 01:44 PM)sonicboom Wrote: The failure to record is not always associated with a line fault error message. In my case it is associated with a sudden increase to pressure 10 - way over my set max of 6.4. I find this may be caused by condensation in the tube between the mask and the climate line. Setting line to auto has fixed this most of the time but not all.

So, your range is really 4 to 6.4? If that's the case, then it should be impossible for the machine to get to 10. Sometimes right before the unit stops recording data, it will output noise spikes, which are erroneous readings that look like abrupt changes in one or more of the metrics when viewed in the software.

Yes in fact those are my pressures. I have spoken with Resmed clinical support and they say it is in fact possible for the machine to ignore the set pressure when it senses or perceives a blockage in the tube from any number of causes - Contrary to popular belief. I suspect you have a similar problem. I suggest you call resmed clinical support, Resmed will most likely advise you to send your SD card to them and they will look at your data and tell you what might be the root cause. We are not the only ones with this problem. I am seeing this coming up on the forum more and more as the cold weather marches in in the US. If enough of us document this and complain it may generate a fix over the modem.
Coffee

Happy Pappin'
Never Give In, Never Give Up

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. 
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-20-2015, 03:23 PM)sonicboom Wrote: Yes in fact those are my pressures. I have spoken with Resmed clinical support and they say it is in fact possible for the machine to ignore the set pressure when it senses or perceives a blockage in the tube from any number of causes - Contrary to popular belief. I suspect you have a similar problem. I suggest you call resmed clinical support, Resmed will most likely advise you to send your SD card to them and they will look at your data and tell you what might be the root cause. We are not the only ones with this problem. I am seeing this coming up on the forum more and more as the cold weather marches in in the US. If enough of us document this and complain it may generate a fix over the modem.

As I mentioned in my first post, I have already spoken to two different support groups at ResMed, as well as my provider, and they have all been dismissive. It's maddening how they just seem to frankly not give a damn. I don't understand how a medical device company can be allowed to be so dismissive of a major issue with one of their products. This is why, from a political standpoint, we need to tax and regulate the hell out of these companies!
Post Reply Post Reply
I don't know who you spoke with but the lady I spoke with in clinical support was very helpful and interested in dissecting and addressing my issues. It might be worth another shot - you may get a different response that your first time. It helps if the DME contacts them first on your behalf saying they can't solve it. That's how I got their attention.
Coffee

Happy Pappin'
Never Give In, Never Give Up

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. 
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 17 339 Yesterday, 07:47 AM
Last Post: Old Steve
  Need help with Airsense 10 AutoSet JonUK 2 104 03-25-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: JonUK
  [Equipment] Should I turn on the AB Filter option on my AirSense 10 AutoSet for these filters? cLoo 10 835 03-22-2024, 01:34 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  Switching from Dreamstation 1 to AirSense II autoset jed3 2 165 03-21-2024, 07:39 AM
Last Post: jed3
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 612 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  Split night sleep study Bwanajohn51 0 62 03-20-2024, 01:07 PM
Last Post: Bwanajohn51
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 160 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.