Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Airsense AutoSet 10 not logging all sleep hours during night
Airsense AutoSet 10 not logging all sleep hours during night
Hello all,

I am having a really irritating issue with my CPAP machine. I have been using therapy for 3 months now and am extremely compliant, averaging > 7 hours continuous usage every night. However, 1-2 times per week, my machine stops logging data in the middle of the night and returns number of usage hours as low as 50% of my actual (3-4 hours instead of 7-8). Unless I am doing it completely subconsciously, I do not turn off the machine or take off my mask during the night.

Whenever I wake up in the morning, the air is still blowing and machine seems to be operating normally. But then I look at MyAir (online data upload site for ResMed) and it shows that it synced in the middle of the night sometime. I also acquired ResMed's software, and there are no observable reasons why it would shut down - pressure is pretty steady, and there are no major leaks right before the shutdown. But, data recording just stops around 2-3 AM, an hour before it uploads to MyAir, and no more data is recorded during the night.

I thought I might have a major mouth leak that could be causing the machine to shut down automatically, so I disabled the AutoStart feature. Now I have to manually turn the machine on and off, and as far as I know it will not shut down unless the button is pressed, no matter how bad leak might be (even though my data always shows leak ~ 0 L/min).

I have talked to my provider, ResMed Technical Support, and MyAir Support - no one has offered a reasonable explanation for how this can happen. They have replaced my unit once already, but the same issue is happening with the new unit.

Does anyone have any ideas, or has this happened to you?

Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Airsense AutoSet 10 not logging all sleep hours during night
Check the internal clock. Make sure it's set to your local time.
The ResMed machines consider sessions after Noon on the machines clock to be the next day.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-19-2015, 04:59 PM)justMongo Wrote: Check the internal clock. Make sure it's set to your local time.
The ResMed machines consider sessions after Noon on the machines clock to be the next day.

Thanks, justMongo! Smile The clock is correct. I was aware of the noon to noon rule but don't think that explains why it would stop recording data in the middle of the night yet keep operating.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Possum,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hang in there for more answers to your question and much success to you with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-19-2015, 05:05 PM)Possum Wrote: Thanks, justMongo! Smile The clock is correct. I was aware of the noon to noon rule but don't think that explains why it would stop recording data in the middle of the night yet keep operating.

Then I'm going with Paula's answer: Aliens!
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-19-2015, 04:45 PM)Possum Wrote: Hello all,

I am having a really irritating issue with my CPAP machine. I have been using therapy for 3 months now and am extremely compliant, averaging > 7 hours continuous usage every night. However, 1-2 times per week, my machine stops logging data in the middle of the night and returns number of usage hours as low as 50% of my actual (3-4 hours instead of 7-8). Unless I am doing it completely subconsciously, I do not turn off the machine or take off my mask during the night.

Whenever I wake up in the morning, the air is still blowing and machine seems to be operating normally. But then I look at MyAir (online data upload site for ResMed) and it shows that it synced in the middle of the night sometime. I also acquired ResMed's software, and there are no observable reasons why it would shut down - pressure is pretty steady, and there are no major leaks right before the shutdown. But, data recording just stops around 2-3 AM, an hour before it uploads to MyAir, and no more data is recorded during the night.

I thought I might have a major mouth leak that could be causing the machine to shut down automatically, so I disabled the AutoStart feature. Now I have to manually turn the machine on and off, and as far as I know it will not shut down unless the button is pressed, no matter how bad leak might be (even though my data always shows leak ~ 0 L/min).

I have talked to my provider, ResMed Technical Support, and MyAir Support - no one has offered a reasonable explanation for how this can happen. They have replaced my unit once already, but the same issue is happening with the new unit.

Does anyone have any ideas, or has this happened to you?

Thanks!

I have seen this problem a bunch. I'm now on my fourth machine. In my case it had to do with climate line fault and rainout. If that is possible with you go to the thread where this is discussed with possible solutions.

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...alfunction
Coffee

Happy Pappin'
Never Give In, Never Give Up

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. 
Post Reply Post Reply
Go to "Summary Graphs", point the mouse over "Usage", Mask Event(s) should have a clue
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-19-2015, 08:58 PM)sonicboom Wrote: I have seen this problem a bunch. I'm now on my fourth machine. In my case it had to do with climate line fault and rainout. If that is possible with you go to the thread where this is discussed with possible solutions.

Hi Sonicboom,

I saw that thread but wasn't sure it was the same issue. I do use a ClimateLine Air heated tube but have never seen a fault error, or any other kind of error pop up on the machine. It really just stops recording data in the middle of the night, inexplicably. There isn't even an abrupt change in pressure that would signify a leak. Sometimes I do have some rainout because I like to sleep in a cold room, but the data reporting issue doesn't seem to correlate with that either.

It's so frustrating! And I just can't believe these companies that manufacture CPAP devices know so little about their own products that they can't even tell you what's wrong.
Post Reply Post Reply
The failure to record is not always associated with a line fault error message. In my case it is associated with a sudden increase to pressure 10 - way over my set max of 6.4. I find this may be caused by condensation in the tube between the mask and the climate line. Setting line to auto has fixed this most of the time but not all.
Coffee

Happy Pappin'
Never Give In, Never Give Up

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. 
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-20-2015, 01:44 PM)sonicboom Wrote: The failure to record is not always associated with a line fault error message. In my case it is associated with a sudden increase to pressure 10 - way over my set max of 6.4. I find this may be caused by condensation in the tube between the mask and the climate line. Setting line to auto has fixed this most of the time but not all.

So, your range is really 4 to 6.4? If that's the case, then it should be impossible for the machine to get to 10. Sometimes right before the unit stops recording data, it will output noise spikes, which are erroneous readings that look like abrupt changes in one or more of the metrics when viewed in the software.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 25 463 1 hour ago
Last Post: Old Steve
  Need help with Airsense 10 AutoSet JonUK 2 116 03-25-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: JonUK
  [Equipment] Should I turn on the AB Filter option on my AirSense 10 AutoSet for these filters? cLoo 10 840 03-22-2024, 01:34 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  Switching from Dreamstation 1 to AirSense II autoset jed3 2 168 03-21-2024, 07:39 AM
Last Post: jed3
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 619 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  Split night sleep study Bwanajohn51 0 65 03-20-2024, 01:07 PM
Last Post: Bwanajohn51
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 165 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.