Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Announcing the Resmed N30i mask
Exclaimation 
Announcing the Resmed N30i mask
I don't normally follow discussions of nasal or pillow masks, so I don't know if this has been discussed here before. Anyhows I jst got an announcement from Resmed, so I guess it's new. It looks to me like a copy of Philips' under-the-nose mask.

Quote: Sleep the way you want with ResMed AirFit™ N30i.

Featuring a top-of-the-head tube design and a nasal cradle cushion that sits comfortably under your nose, this new mask from ResMed gives you the freedom to sleep in many positions, including your side or stomach.
No front-end tube also means the mask stays out of sight and out of the way, so you can sleep closer to your bed partner. The SpingFit frame adapts for a personalised fit and features a quick-release elbow that makes it easy to disconnect the mask from tubing if you need to get up at night.

ResMed AirFit N30i features:

Curved nasal cradle cushion sits discreetly under your nose, not in it
SpringFit frame adapts for a stable, personalised fit
Minimalist design leaves your face clear so you can wear glasses to read or watch TV
Air flows through the frame for a soft yet secure cradle seal

https://www.resmed.com/au/en/consumer/pr...bsp%3bMore
RE: Announcing the Resmed N30i mask
UPDATE: It looks like Coffee Man did an excellent review at: http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...irFit-N30i
and the headgear is Velcro and the side softwraps might not be removable as in the DreamWeaver.
Here is the ResMed user guide https://pages.resmed.com/rs/241-RXK-073/...er_eng.pdf

Original Post...

It appears that there is a new addition to full, pillow, and nasal -- called a "cradle" because it fits under the nose like, what else, a cradle.

Definitely looks like a knock-off of the Respironics DreamWear Nasal CPAP Mask and Headgear which comes with a "Fitpack" containing all four sizes of under-the-nose cushions for use with the specified frame size. Most people will use the medium size. The DreamWear mask worked great when I was on my back, however when I turned to my side I got leakage in the 6-20 L/min range -- often waking me up to adjust the frame. As long as I was stationary, all was well. 

I looked at the new ResMed AirFit N301 and am wondering if the strap closures are Velcro or magnets since I cannot use magnets with an implanted AICD/Pacemaker. I also wonder if ResMed includes the soft-wraps like the DreamWear.

It is pricey at $289 MSRP and $259 retail (foreign pricing) and there appears to be a warning on one vendor's site that says **THIS MASK IS NOT COMPATIBLE WITH RESMED AIRMINI TRAVEL DEVICE.** 

From what I see, it is available in Australia, the UK, France, and Canada -- and may not be available in the U.S. yet.

The frame looked more robust, so I think I will try it in the next replacement cycle.
"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
RE: Announcing the Resmed N30i mask
Thanks SRL. I need to pay more attention - I see I actually posted in that thread you mentioned.

There is another thread about this product, so I will close this thread now.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ResMed Airsense N30i elbow leaking? Elton525 2 346 02-13-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: Elton525
Question Any tips to stop strap riding up on N30i mask BobbieM 37 6,544 02-08-2024, 06:25 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Using DreamWisp Nasal Mask With ResMed AirSense 11 Avign0n323 2 342 01-31-2024, 01:17 PM
Last Post: Avign0n323
  Resmed Airfit P30i Nasal Pillows Mask Leak Question fuzz 2 486 01-25-2024, 03:10 PM
Last Post: fuzz
Question [Equipment] N30i / P30i pillow attachment fail glomph 2 342 01-09-2024, 09:10 PM
Last Post: glomph
  [CPAP] Still can't keep mask on after switching to ResMed Kevstuf 7 506 01-03-2024, 11:15 PM
Last Post: Kevstuf
  [Equipment] Resmed N30i/P30i headgear sleeve issues Himrent 1 423 11-23-2023, 02:22 PM
Last Post: Dog Slobber

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.