Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Another Newbie - ? on machine
RE: Another Newbie - ??? on machine
What Shastzi said. These machines are expensive and insurance companies might not be willing to purchase an auto set when a patient already has a cpap machine without evidence of why this is necessary. IMHO, it is better to start with a machine that is more versatile from the onset so if changes need to be made, the machine is able to handle that.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Another Newbie - ? on machine
Thank you all for your input and recommendations. I will be seeing the doctor on Tuesday to discuss the results of my test and I will let you know what happens.

Thanks again.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sorry - just want to confirm what to ask for. I would let the doctor choose between ResMed and PR since they are on par and I will insist on the auto machines first.

1) ResMed S9 Autoset or ResMed S9 Elite - either with H5i humidifier & Climateline tubing.

2) Philips Respironics System One (Series 60) REMSTAR Auto with A-Flex or PRS1 Pro with C-Flex - with heated tube humidifier.

Do I have that right? I want to make sure the prescription has the correct names so the DME doesn't send the wrong one.

Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, and make sure the box on the prescription (or have the doctor write on it) says "dispense as written".

Are you paying for this out of pocket? If so, you can get one wherever you want with the prescription. Check out Supplier #2 in the Supplier's List (link at top of every page).

If your insurance is paying, don't let the doctor or supplier (we call them DME) say "your insurance won't pay for this" because that isn't true. All CPAP machines have the same insurance code. That includes autoPAP and CPAP. (Bilevel PAP and ASV PAP have different codes.) This means that the insurance companies pay the same amount for all machines that fall within that code. The supplier will then want to give you the cheapest machine so they get the greatest profit. Can't blame them, really, except they lie about it. AND most insurance companies "rent" the machine so even if they sell you a high end machine, they still get a lot of money.

Good luck and let us know how it goes!
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help Lowering a Varying AHI for a Newbie rtkierke 16 390 03-27-2024, 05:41 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  newbie looking to get machine dialed in Jpm6179 3 134 03-25-2024, 07:42 AM
Last Post: Jpm6179
  CPAP newbie / OSCAR / study feedback Brad124 4 193 03-23-2024, 08:02 AM
Last Post: Brad124
  Newbie kindly asking for OSCAR analysis ash630 5 206 03-20-2024, 02:08 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] [NEWBIE] I cannot sleep with CPAP colethegamer 11 489 03-06-2024, 10:58 AM
Last Post: colethegamer
  Newbie with extreme swallowing air Burrells5 3 271 02-28-2024, 12:38 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  Newbie - Can't seem to Fall Asleep with Apap on JoniBean 4 298 02-27-2024, 12:13 AM
Last Post: TechieHippie

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.