Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Poll: Do you put a cover/sock on your hose?
This poll is closed.
Yes, I cover my hose.
25.00%
6 25.00%
No, my hose is naked.
75.00%
18 75.00%
Total 24 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

[Equipment] Another Poll???
RE: Another Poll???
(07-04-2013, 04:00 PM)RonWessels Wrote: No humidifier? Shock-2
Just how in the heck do you manage to use nasal pillows without a humidifier? Huhsign

I tried my humidifier the first night I got a CPAP back in 2004. Stopped using it the next night, and haven't used one since, including when I switched to a nasal pillows system a few years back. For some reason, my body just adjusted... no additional humidity necessary. Much less maintenance, for sure! Smile

SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
(07-04-2013, 06:54 PM)SuperSleeper Wrote: I tried my humidifier the first night I got a CPAP back in 2004. Stopped using it the next night, and haven't used one since, including when I switched to a nasal pillows system a few years back. For some reason, my body just adjusted... no additional humidity necessary. Much less maintenance, for sure! Smile

We need a few more smilies:
:you-suck:
:green-with-envy:

But I'll have to settle for: Amazing
Post Reply Post Reply
Perturbedcrygreen

These are pretty close.
Post Reply Post Reply
It depends on the humidity level of where you sleep, I have an S9 and the tank can last a week or a night dependant on the temperature and humidity of the room.
Post Reply Post Reply
True, and I also run only with passive humidification. However, we use nasal masks. When I tried a nasal pillow, I could not stand it without heated humidification.

Edit: whoops, I first just read your "Mask Type" profile line. But I now see in your "Mask Make & Model" that you actually use a nasal pillow. Well then, you suck too! Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-04-2013, 06:54 PM)SuperSleeper Wrote: I tried my humidifier the first night I got a CPAP back in 2004. Stopped using it the next night, and haven't used one since, including when I switched to a nasal pillows system a few years back. For some reason, my body just adjusted... no additional humidity necessary. Much less maintenance, for sure! Smile

A man true to his (forum) name...
Post Reply Post Reply
Some folks can get by without humidifiers; some can't. Perhaps it's not as good on my nasal passages to do without. Cool

Doing the nightly water thing has never really appealed to me. Too much that can go wrong, including too much cleaning, which I don't like. Smile

How dry I am. oldman
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question PHILIPS SYSTEMS RECALL - Future Purchases [POLL] WakeUpTime 56 7,197 08-11-2021, 10:12 AM
Last Post: josedeca
  [Diagnosis] POLL: Do you know of anyone who was NOT diagnosed with Apnea after a sleep "study"? S. Manz 28 2,373 07-28-2021, 09:37 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Would You Choose a New ResMed 11 Series as a Replacement? - Poll RayBee 11 4,108 05-31-2021, 09:23 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
Exclaimation [News] New Poll is in the Works PollCat 10 1,838 11-18-2019, 09:17 AM
Last Post: mper6794
  [CPAP] Poll on ResMed N30i mask SarcasticDave94 22 4,552 03-02-2019, 03:04 PM
Last Post: elwoodpdowd
  Poll, what is your BMI? Kryogen 20 4,797 03-30-2018, 01:06 AM
  [Equipment] Poll: How many turn airplane mode ON after compliance? SarcasticDave94 36 5,919 03-08-2018, 12:17 PM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.